"Historic Dundee" Dundee by Travler409
Dundee Travel Guide: 14 reviews and 30 photos
Eighty miles southwest of my home town rests Dundee, Michigan. The River Raisin runs through it and in February of 2005 it was cresting over flood stage. The town east of the US 23 overpass is quaint. West of the US 23 overpass an exit town atmosphere is growing. Cabela's Outdoor Sportsman stores have built a state-of-the art mini-mall for hunters, fishers, and wildlife enthusiasts.
Towards the end of the summer of 2004, Kegger and I took a day trip to Monroe with Grandpa Toni. At that time the River Raisin was a trickle of what it was during the February thaw. The picture shown here was the river after it crested.
We were quite certain that these stairs normally led down to the banks of the River Raisin. On this day, however, they went to a much more sinister place.
- Pros:Quaint shops and restaurants
- Cons:Pretty close to Ohio
- In a nutshell:A quick excursion just off of US 23
I have no idea who this pro-fisherman is but it was a prime photo- op. Road Trip Maxim Number One: When a Photo Op... more travel advice
We thought it was just a rock shop but when we walked in, it was clear it was a haven for Wiccas. Duck Lad was... more travel advice
Travler409's Related Pages
Dundee Travel Guide
- Things to Do in Dundee
- Restaurants in Dundee
- Shopping in Dundee
- Warnings and Dangers in Dundee
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Dundee
- 10 Reviews
- 13 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (1)
Have you been to Dundee?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Dundee
Top 10 Pages
- China Intro, 14 reviews, 17 photos, 1 travelogue
- Virginia Beach Intro, 7 reviews, 22 photos
- Dundee Intro, 10 reviews, 13 photos
- Cleveland Intro, 3 reviews, 17 photos
- Pennsylvania Intro, 4 reviews, 15 photos
- West Hollywood Intro, 4 reviews, 14 photos
- Minnesota Intro, 3 reviews, 11 photos
- Rochester Intro, 9 reviews, 2 photos
- Mackinac Island Intro, 4 reviews, 5 photos
- Cooperstown Intro, 3 reviews, 6 photos
No friends yet.