"Algonac" Algonac by Travler409
Algonac Travel Guide: 3 reviews and 5 photos
Algonac is a lonely town in November. The summer tourism fades to paper bag brown along with the leaves on the trees. Even the seagulls seem melancholy.
If anyone has peeked at my other pages, it's pretty clear I dig sculptures. This one shows a white European male standing back to back with an indigenous person. I think it's supposed to show how the two came to rely on one another but metaphorically, back to back usually indicates a stand off of some type.
I tend to take the accessibility to Canada for granted. Michigan has a variety of ways to get there. As a child, we used to camp at Algonac State Park, ride a ferry across the river, and go to a donut shop once we docked. In my 'tweens- not a kid, not legally adult- we went to Windsor and drank Bradors and ate personal Hawaiian Pizzas at Mother's Pizzeria. Brador was a 4.1 beer and it was good! For many people, Canada is a Circle 360 movie at EPCOT in Florida.
- Pros:Summer fun- Perch Festival!
- Cons:When the days turn gray- run!!!!
- In a nutshell:Shortest distance to Canada along the coast!
Ever since I was a kid and we'd camp at Algonac State Park I have been fascinated by the big ships sliding silently... more travel advice
Travler409's Related Pages
Algonac Travel Guide
Badges & Stats in Algonac
- 2 Reviews
- 5 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (3)
Have you been to Algonac?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Algonac
Top 10 Pages
- China Intro, 14 reviews, 17 photos, 1 travelogue
- Virginia Beach Intro, 7 reviews, 22 photos
- Dundee Intro, 10 reviews, 13 photos
- Cleveland Intro, 3 reviews, 17 photos
- Pennsylvania Intro, 4 reviews, 15 photos
- West Hollywood Intro, 4 reviews, 14 photos
- Minnesota Intro, 3 reviews, 11 photos
- Rochester Intro, 9 reviews, 2 photos
- Mackinac Island Intro, 4 reviews, 5 photos
- Nanchang Intro, 3 reviews, 6 photos
No friends yet.