"An Amazing African Experience" Top 5 Page for this destination Tanzania by SanguiniA
Tanzania Travel Guide: 2,868 reviews and 7,761 photos
I guess my most desired destination has always been a visit to the Dark Continent itself - the endless plains, extravagant wildlife and stark beauty of Africa has always lured me in ways no other place ever can. Finally, in March 2005 I managed to crown my dream with a visit of 2 weeks to Tanzania.
I still don't know why I chose Tanzania as my first glimpse to Africa, but I can surely say it has been a wise choice. The incredible diversity of its wildlife, landscapes and people provided an unforgettable 2 weeks - and probably my best travel experience so far. My only regret is that I only had so little time (culprit : my job!). A heart wrenching decision was to choose between the Kilimanjaro climb and a visit to Zanzibar - I chose Zanzibar, since I had already had a mountain climbing experience at Borneo just 6 months earlier. The rest of the time was spent on safari in the northern parks of Manyara, Serengeti, Ngorongoro and Tarangire.
In these pages I shall attempt to adequately describe my experience, and hope they will serve as inspiration and help to other fellow travellers considering the same destination. One word of warning to anyone who has never been to Africa and is planning to go there : some countries, including Tanzania are surprisingly expensive! But at the end of the day it is worth every penny - if you are on a tight budget you really have to do some research to get the most out of the holiday with as little money as possible; so don't be put off by the hefty prices - if you research enough you'll find something adequate and believe me, you'll get much more than you'd bargained for!
- Pros:Amazing wildlife and scenery
- Cons:Agressive hustlers
- In a nutshell:The full beauty of the African experience utainted by mass tourism
Manyara is a birder's paradise - but everyone enjoys seeing lovely birds all around! There are not only the waterbirds... more travel advice
Arusha is the gateway town to the Northern Circuit Safaris - with tour operators and accomodation of all types. Most... more travel advice
- Good Food in Arusha
- See All Insect Pests
- Safari in Tanzania
SanguiniA's Related Pages
Tanzania Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Tanzania - Zanzibar"
- "An Amazing African Experience"
- "Tanzania.... Beauty...Diversity...Wilderness"
- "Grete's Safari Page"
- "Best of Tanzania"
- "Tanzania, I will never forget you......."
- See All...
- Things to Do in Tanzania
- Hotels in Tanzania
- Transportation in Tanzania
- Nightlife in Tanzania
- Restaurants in Tanzania
- Shopping in Tanzania
- Warnings and Dangers in Tanzania
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Tanzania
- 64 Reviews
- 93 Photos
- 42 Forum posts
- 1 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (18)
Have you been to Tanzania?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Tanzania
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Galápagos Islands Intro, 36 reviews, 83 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Etosha National Park Intro, 38 reviews, 76 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tanzania Intro, 38 reviews, 74 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ecuador Intro, 36 reviews, 69 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Finland Intro, 31 reviews, 68 photos, 3 travelogues
- Costa Rica Intro, 28 reviews, 64 photos, 5 travelogues
- Namibia Intro, 29 reviews, 58 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination State of Sarawak Intro, 22 reviews, 62 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination State of Sabah Intro, 20 reviews, 58 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Romania Intro, 20 reviews, 57 photos, 5 travelogues