"An Amazing African Experience" Top 5 Page for this destination Tanzania by SanguiniA

Tanzania Travel Guide: 2,785 reviews and 7,602 photos

I guess my most desired destination has always been a visit to the Dark Continent itself - the endless plains, extravagant wildlife and stark beauty of Africa has always lured me in ways no other place ever can. Finally, in March 2005 I managed to crown my dream with a visit of 2 weeks to Tanzania.

I still don't know why I chose Tanzania as my first glimpse to Africa, but I can surely say it has been a wise choice. The incredible diversity of its wildlife, landscapes and people provided an unforgettable 2 weeks - and probably my best travel experience so far. My only regret is that I only had so little time (culprit : my job!). A heart wrenching decision was to choose between the Kilimanjaro climb and a visit to Zanzibar - I chose Zanzibar, since I had already had a mountain climbing experience at Borneo just 6 months earlier. The rest of the time was spent on safari in the northern parks of Manyara, Serengeti, Ngorongoro and Tarangire.

In these pages I shall attempt to adequately describe my experience, and hope they will serve as inspiration and help to other fellow travellers considering the same destination. One word of warning to anyone who has never been to Africa and is planning to go there : some countries, including Tanzania are surprisingly expensive! But at the end of the day it is worth every penny - if you are on a tight budget you really have to do some research to get the most out of the holiday with as little money as possible; so don't be put off by the hefty prices - if you research enough you'll find something adequate and believe me, you'll get much more than you'd bargained for!

• Pros:Amazing wildlife and scenery
  • Cons:Agressive hustlers
  • In a nutshell:The full beauty of the African experience utainted by mass tourism
  • Last visit to Tanzania: Mar 2005
  • Intro Updated Jun 3, 2006

• easterntrekker's Profile Photo
    Feb 8, 2009 at 6:28 PM

Wonderful Pages!! We have just booked our first trip for Sept. can't wait!!!

• Mar 28, 2008 at 9:17 AM

Great page

• grets's Profile Photo
    Jul 7, 2007 at 1:12 PM

Great photos. I hope I get to see as much wildlife as you did on my trip to the Northern Circuit next week.

• May 14, 2007 at 7:30 PM

Cecil Rhodes? You're back? Not only are many tourists black, but they are also women AT THE SAME TIME (!) Although you must be flattered in thinking that you are estimed as a rich god, the perception is about Westerners, not necessarily the white man.

• HabeshaFace's Profile Photo
    Mar 10, 2007 at 9:12 PM

W/ more Black Americans traveling to Africa, Wealth perception are no longer exclusive to White tourists. In ANY African country, best bet for Western born Blacks (Especially America): dress down often. *Accents* can also attract unwanted attention.

• elpariente's Profile Photo
    Feb 20, 2007 at 2:29 AM

Pagesand photos are really good!!!! Africa is one of our pendings and your pages will be very helpfull to plan our travel Thank you-Gracias

• Feb 18, 2007 at 1:34 PM

Great Tanzania pages! I'm researching my trip, your tips were very helpful.. Thank you!!

• moonlighting's Profile Photo
    Feb 1, 2007 at 12:02 AM

Incredible! Very Good. And you are lucky to have seen all these! I was never a wildlife lover until i saw this Natl Gepgraphic feature on apes, specifically the Bonobos. Now I want to take active part on the preservation of such species.

• Pablos_new's Profile Photo
    Oct 30, 2006 at 11:16 AM

Nice pix! Exactly - "The Lost World!" - that is what I thought when saw Ngoro-Ngoro!

• Oct 17, 2006 at 5:15 PM

I love the fact you have the nature of life on your page. The whole lions having sex amazes me that you have the confidence and lecture to do that.

Badges & Stats in Tanzania

Have you been to Tanzania?

Latest Activity in Tanzania