"The Maltese conquer Scotland!" Scotland by SanguiniA
Scotland Travel Guide: 12,519 reviews and 27,458 photos
My friends and I had wanted to go abroad together for a long time - we finally left for Scotland on March 18th 2004. Let me introduce ourselves noisy Maltese people ... from left to right: Stephen (a.k.a. Bubbus, Bubbusinu, Fester, Lucifru, Clampas, Pampas), Michael (a.k.a. Lupu, Bigilla, Redew), Rodney (a.k.a Nemel), Sharon (a.k.a Sakranazza), Paulanne (a.k.a. nofs kedda) and me (a.k.a. Bjonda, pitta, taz, pitazz). The photo was taken near the Ben Nevis.
These pages contain some travel tips (which I hope will be of use to someone!) as well as a brief (and censored) account of our polluting presence in Scotland for a few days. Due to the bad weather, a few of the photos are not my own and these cases are clearly annotated.
Scotland is the land of Lochs, spectacular mountain chains, glens, castles and whisky (the beer is pretty good as well ... but I think I say that for any country I visit!) Anyway, Scotland is one of the last few remaining places in Europe where one can enjoy unspoilt nature in all its majesty and beauty.
Here is our Scotland itinary (we went to Liverpool as well to visit our friend Yury who is currently studying there)
18 th March - Glasgow
19 - 21 st March - Aviemore & surroundings
22 March - Inverness & Loch Ness
23 - 25th March - Isle of Skye
26 - 28th March - Fort William, Glen Nevis, Ben Nevis Regions
- Pros:Wonderful, mysterious landscapes
- Cons:Terrible british weather
This is a medium sized hostel, set in a really beautiful location - in the middle of the Glen Nevis. It is just a few... more travel advice
We had never camped in a campground before ... we were used to camp 'in the wild' with no amenities whatsoever. I must... more travel advice
SanguiniA's Related Pages
Scotland Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Scotland For The Brave"
- "Scotland Travel Tips - Scotland Edinburgh Orkney"
- "My Scotland page"
- "Alba, Caledonia, "God's Country"; this is Scotland"
- "Scotland: fascinating and impressive"
- "Ben-UK's Scotland page"
- "Scotland, a sassenach's view"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Scotland
- Hotels in Scotland
- Transportation in Scotland
- Nightlife in Scotland
- Restaurants in Scotland
- Shopping in Scotland
- Warnings and Dangers in Scotland
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Scotland
- 23 Reviews
- 44 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (16)
Have you been to Scotland?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Scotland
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Galápagos Islands Intro, 36 reviews, 83 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Etosha National Park Intro, 38 reviews, 76 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tanzania Intro, 38 reviews, 74 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ecuador Intro, 36 reviews, 69 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Finland Intro, 31 reviews, 68 photos, 3 travelogues
- Costa Rica Intro, 28 reviews, 64 photos, 5 travelogues
- Namibia Intro, 29 reviews, 58 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination State of Sarawak Intro, 22 reviews, 62 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination State of Sabah Intro, 20 reviews, 58 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Romania Intro, 20 reviews, 57 photos, 5 travelogues
FriendsSee All Friends (41)
Top Scotland hotels
- Edinburgh Hotels
- 3409 Reviews - 6784 Photos
- Glasgow Hotels
- 1241 Reviews - 2065 Photos
- Aberdeen Hotels
- 486 Reviews - 887 Photos
- Inverness Hotels
- 339 Reviews - 758 Photos
- Oban Hotels
- 179 Reviews - 344 Photos
- Fort William Hotels
- 207 Reviews - 372 Photos
- Melrose Hotels
- 20 Reviews - 58 Photos
- Kingussie Hotels
- 1 Review - 2 Photos
- Pitlochry Hotels
- 91 Reviews - 192 Photos
- Ayr Hotels
- 160 Reviews - 258 Photos
- Stirling Hotels
- 251 Reviews - 769 Photos
- Perth Hotels
- 110 Reviews - 170 Photos
- Aviemore Hotels
- 46 Reviews - 77 Photos
- Arrochar Hotels
- 7 Reviews - 11 Photos
- Peebles Hotels
- 6 Reviews - 22 Photos