"Chillin' in Chile" Chile by SanguiniA
Chile Travel Guide: 4,891 reviews and 13,536 photos
Chile had been on my wish list for many years, and finally in the summer of 2009 I made my dream come true and finally visited.
This narrow strip of land running for about 4300km wedged between the mighty Andes and the Pacific Ocean is one of the most diverse countries of the world, owing of course to its geography. While most parts do not fit the standard visions people have of South America as it lacks jungles and there is quite a high degree of Westernization, it is still a very rewarding place to visit, and would make for an excellent first time visit to the continent.
Due to the time of the year, and the size of the country, we visited just the northern part - which is nothing short of spectacular, and it exceeded my expectations. The landscapes are some of the most beautiful, haunting and unique that I have ever seen, the food is great and we found the transport to be very good, both by bus as well as flights.
There are many things to do in the North, and we concentrated on the Norte Grande. This is the list of places that we visited
* Santiago (of course this is not in the North but we visited on the way to the north)
* San Pedro de Atacama and it's surroundings - for desert and volcanic lanscapes
* Arica - for the coastal wildlife
* Parque Nacional Lauca - for the unique Altiplano sceneries
I will definitely be back someday to explore more of the southern & central parts of Chile.
- Pros:Beautiful landscapes, well-organized, excellent food
- Cons:Takes a long time to see everything
- In a nutshell:Chile does not disappoint!
SanguiniA's Related Pages
Chile Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "CHILE---A Surprising Country!"
- "Chile - A gifted land"
- "Chile - Land of fabulous contrasts"
- "Land of the Guanaco"
- "* A DISTANT BUT FRIENDLY COUNTRY *"
- "Chile - very diverse scenery"
- "Mission : Fireland - Vers la Tiera de Fuego..."
- See All...
- Things to Do in Chile
- Hotels in Chile
- Transportation in Chile
- Nightlife in Chile
- Restaurants in Chile
- Shopping in Chile
- Warnings and Dangers in Chile
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Chile
- 38 Reviews
- 70 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 2 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (16)
Have you been to Chile?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Chile
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Galápagos Islands Intro, 36 reviews, 83 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Etosha National Park Intro, 38 reviews, 76 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tanzania Intro, 38 reviews, 74 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ecuador Intro, 36 reviews, 69 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Finland Intro, 31 reviews, 68 photos, 3 travelogues
- Costa Rica Intro, 28 reviews, 64 photos, 5 travelogues
- Namibia Intro, 29 reviews, 58 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination State of Sarawak Intro, 22 reviews, 62 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination State of Sabah Intro, 20 reviews, 58 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Romania Intro, 20 reviews, 57 photos, 5 travelogues
FriendsSee All Friends (42)
Top Chile hotels
- Santiago Hotels
- 948 Reviews - 2197 Photos
- Valparaíso Hotels
- 313 Reviews - 835 Photos
- San Pedro de Atacama Hotels
- 223 Reviews - 634 Photos
- Antofagasta Hotels
- 32 Reviews - 75 Photos
- Torres del Paine Hotels
- 71 Reviews - 294 Photos
- Arica Hotels
- 35 Reviews - 98 Photos
- Concepción Hotels
- 23 Reviews - 50 Photos
- Pucón Hotels
- 46 Reviews - 136 Photos
- Chuquicamata Hotels
- 2 Reviews - 4 Photos
- Osorno Hotels
- 26 Reviews - 53 Photos
- Punta Arenas Hotels
- 174 Reviews - 430 Photos
- Viña del Mar Hotels
- 106 Reviews - 221 Photos
- Toconao Hotels
- 6 Reviews - 5 Photos
- Puerto Montt Hotels
- 110 Reviews - 462 Photos
- Puerto Natales Hotels
- 136 Reviews - 320 Photos