"Romania, Eastern Jewel" Top 5 Page for this destination Romania by SanguiniA
Romania Travel Guide: 6,637 reviews and 21,482 photos
Romania is one of the most underestimated countries as a travel destination. There is plenty to see and do, and it is really cheap! Romania has a character of its own, in certain places such as in the Danube Delta region one cannot imagine that it is a European country!
Romania has been blessed with spectacular mountains and forests, awe inspiring castles, a rich diversity of wildlife, a spectrum of pictoresque landscapes and the hidden natural treasure of Europe - the Danube Delta ... How can one miss an opportunity to witness the wealth of this country? Ironically though, Romania is a poor country, as a direct result of their turbulent history of communism and the recent revolution and freedom. People are still scarred; some financially, some culturally and some even emotionally; but all in all the people are welcoming and so interesting to observe and try to understand.
Having an area of 237,5000 square km, Romania is a large country; the third largest country in Eastern Europe after Russia and Ukraine. The Danube River finishes its 9 country, 2850km long journey in Romania's Danube Delta. Most of Central and nothern Romania is dominated by the mysterious Carpathian Mountains, with Transilvania occupying the central plateau.
- Pros:Beautiful country, so different from Europe with much to see and do
- Cons:Too many poor people, still scarred and haunted by the country's turbulent history
This is a small village in the Danube Delta, the gateway to explore the largest sand dunes in the Danube Delta. These... more travel advice
Crisan is a small fishing village at the heart of the Danube Delta on the Sulina arm. It is the perfect spot to explore... more travel advice
SanguiniA's Related Pages
Romania Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Romania, a country of history, art, and humanity"
- "It was ' home' for a few months"
- "Romania, Eastern Jewel"
- "Ce faci, Romania?"
- "Welcome to my homecountry"
- "Walking in the Carpathian Mountains"
- "Romania-worth a sin"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Romania
- Hotels in Romania
- Transportation in Romania
- Nightlife in Romania
- Restaurants in Romania
- Shopping in Romania
- Warnings and Dangers in Romania
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Romania
- 20 Reviews
- 57 Photos
- 11 Forum posts
- 0 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (16)
Have you been to Romania?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Romania
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Galápagos Islands Intro, 36 reviews, 83 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Etosha National Park Intro, 38 reviews, 76 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tanzania Intro, 38 reviews, 74 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ecuador Intro, 36 reviews, 69 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Finland Intro, 31 reviews, 68 photos, 3 travelogues
- Costa Rica Intro, 28 reviews, 64 photos, 5 travelogues
- Namibia Intro, 29 reviews, 58 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination State of Sarawak Intro, 22 reviews, 62 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination State of Sabah Intro, 20 reviews, 58 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Romania Intro, 20 reviews, 57 photos, 5 travelogues