"Etosha - Wildlife Hotspot" Top 5 Page for this destination Etosha National Park by SanguiniA
Etosha National Park Travel Guide: 194 reviews and 539 photos
Etosha – The Great White Place … Of course this was a place I was *really* looking forward to, being a wildlife lover and all that. And yeah, it is well worth looking forward to – it is wild Africa in all its majesty. And on top of all that, you can explore by yourself, and really see the wildlife, as long as you know what you are doing, and have some patience that is :-)
Rhinos, herds of elephants, plains game, birds, lions … these are all on the menu at Etosha … some of them literally on the menu of course …. The menu of the predators :-) The landscape is captivating, especially any glimpse of the vast, shimmering Etosha Pan, after which the park is named.
But what makes Etosha special? Well, as I mentioned already it is the self-driving thing … but this works so well because Namibia is an arid country, and waterholes are few and far from each other. Of course water is a magnet for animals, so if you know where the waterholes are, that is a guarantee you will see the animals, especially in the dry season. Etosha is a real wildlife hotspot - so many animals and birds to be seen ... and changing landscapes; from the shimmering pan to savannah, plans and woodlands. Just another bewitching African experience!
- Pros:So many animals, birds and interesting landscapes
- Cons:No matter how long you stay ... you will want to stay longer!
- In a nutshell:A real HOTspot!
Well, this is definitely not a place for clubbing, but the acivity definitely does not die down at night! At each... more travel advice
This park is one of the few ones in Africa where a self-drive without a guide can be really rewarding. This is due to... more travel advice
SanguiniA's Related Pages
Etosha National Park Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Etosha - Wildlife Hotspot"
- "Etosha National Park"
- "Lush. Wild. Free."
- "Etosha 1999"
- "A place of wonder"
- "Etosha -Natures dry paradise for animals"
- "The beauty of nature in its wild state"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Etosha National Park
- Hotels in Etosha National Park
- Transportation in Etosha National Park
- Nightlife in Etosha National Park
- Restaurants in Etosha National Park
- Shopping in Etosha National Park
- Warnings and Dangers in Etosha National Park
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Etosha National Park
- 38 Reviews
- 76 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 9 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (16)
Have you been to Etosha National Park?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Etosha National Park
- Posted in Miscellaneous Forum "Re: Hangover Food..."
- Commented on one of Gili_S's Etosha National Park travel pages
- updated a Etosha National Park Travel Page "Etosha - Wildlife Hotspot"
- Wrote a Review Waterholes at the Restcamps in Etosha National Park Nightlife
- Uploaded a Photo to "Waterholes at the Restcamps"
Photos in Etosha National ParkSee All Photos (76)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Galápagos Islands Intro, 36 reviews, 83 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Etosha National Park Intro, 38 reviews, 76 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tanzania Intro, 38 reviews, 74 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ecuador Intro, 36 reviews, 69 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Finland Intro, 31 reviews, 68 photos, 3 travelogues
- Costa Rica Intro, 28 reviews, 64 photos, 5 travelogues
- Namibia Intro, 29 reviews, 58 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination State of Sarawak Intro, 22 reviews, 62 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination State of Sabah Intro, 20 reviews, 58 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Romania Intro, 20 reviews, 57 photos, 5 travelogues