"Oops, I got myself a new addiction - DESERTS ..." Top 5 Page for this destination Namib-Naukluft Park by SanguiniA

Namib-Naukluft Park Travel Guide: 143 reviews and 405 photos

When I think of Namib-Naukluft many things come to mind ... obstinate swirls of dust, expanses of beautiful quiet space, wide blue skies, dazzling sunrises, shifting sands, impossibly high sand dunes, freezing nights, endless roads, aridity, pure beauty, "Gee, things REALLY live here!!" and so on ... so yeah I guess this is definitely one of 'those' special places. Ultra special for me as this was my chosen place for my first experience in the desert!

The Namib-Naukluft is one of the largest National Parks in Africa, and certainly one of the most important since it protects part of the Namib desert, possibly the oldest one on the planet as well as the Naukluft Mountains which also have their own special wildlife.

It is a place for hiking in the magnificent variety of landscapes, driving and wildlife-watching. You have definitely never seen a place quite like this before ... :-)

• Pros:Simply stunning, no more need be said
  • Cons:You will never have as much time as you want ....
  • In a nutshell:Ultimate feast for the senses
  • Last visit to Namib-Naukluft Park: Jun 2006
  • Intro Updated Aug 7, 2006

• Bwana_Brown's Profile Photo
    Oct 12, 2006 at 6:24 PM

Stupendous photos of your time in this amazing Park!! My wife and I were considering this for next year, using a camper pick-up, but it now looks like it will be Zambia and Botswana for us.

• richiecdisc's Profile Photo
    Sep 3, 2006 at 5:54 PM

Gil will have a tough time topping this page, unless of course he uses your photos. Great stuff.

• Henrik_rrb's Profile Photo
    Sep 1, 2006 at 4:25 PM

Just a truly beautiful page! Thanks!

• Luchonda's Profile Photo
    Aug 19, 2006 at 5:20 PM

Perfect view on Namibia - thx for sharing.

• Gili_S's Profile Photo
    Aug 9, 2006 at 2:32 PM

Yet again, wonderful page and amazing photos from Namibia. I have similar things in mind, especially. . . driving on sand dunes ;-)

• nigelw6443's Profile Photo
    Aug 8, 2006 at 3:57 AM

I enjoyed your pages! I will be in Namibia later in the year! Thanks for the tips.. Nigel

• Rabbityama's Profile Photo
    Aug 5, 2006 at 3:34 PM

Namibia looks very beautiful!

Badges & Stats in Namib-Naukluft Park

Have you been to Namib-Naukluft Park?

Latest Activity in Namib-Naukluft Park