"Oops, I got myself a new addiction - DESERTS ..." Top 5 Page for this destination Namib-Naukluft Park by SanguiniA
Namib-Naukluft Park Travel Guide: 143 reviews and 405 photos
When I think of Namib-Naukluft many things come to mind ... obstinate swirls of dust, expanses of beautiful quiet space, wide blue skies, dazzling sunrises, shifting sands, impossibly high sand dunes, freezing nights, endless roads, aridity, pure beauty, "Gee, things REALLY live here!!" and so on ... so yeah I guess this is definitely one of 'those' special places. Ultra special for me as this was my chosen place for my first experience in the desert!
The Namib-Naukluft is one of the largest National Parks in Africa, and certainly one of the most important since it protects part of the Namib desert, possibly the oldest one on the planet as well as the Naukluft Mountains which also have their own special wildlife.
It is a place for hiking in the magnificent variety of landscapes, driving and wildlife-watching. You have definitely never seen a place quite like this before ... :-)
- Pros:Simply stunning, no more need be said
- Cons:You will never have as much time as you want ....
- In a nutshell:Ultimate feast for the senses
This area usually has gravel roads - good for both 2WD as well as 4WD, though in any case you must pay particular... more travel advice
If you go to the Sesriem Campsite you might bump into Agent Bird .... huh well actually, Agent Bird will seek you out... more travel advice
SanguiniA's Related Pages
Namib-Naukluft Park Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "The Namib Naukluft N.P."
- "Oops, I got myself a new addiction - DESERTS ..."
- "Namib-Naukluft Park"
- "Namib Naukluft Park"
- "The desert that's at the heart of the country"
- "Vast Dry Plain, The Namib"
- "Fabulous Dunes"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Namib-Naukluft Park
- Hotels in Namib-Naukluft Park
- Transportation in Namib-Naukluft Park
- Nightlife in Namib-Naukluft Park
- Restaurants in Namib-Naukluft Park
- Shopping in Namib-Naukluft Park
- Warnings and Dangers in Namib-Naukluft Park
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Namib-Naukluft Park
- 15 Reviews
- 31 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 7 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (16)
Have you been to Namib-Naukluft Park?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Namib-Naukluft Park
- Posted in Miscellaneous Forum "Re: Hangover Food..."
- updated a Namib-Naukluft Park Travel Page "Oops, I got myself a new addiction - DESERTS ..."
- Wrote a Review Roads in Namib-Naukluft Park Transportation
- Uploaded a Photo to "Undeniable Beauty"
- Commented on one of Myndo's Namib-Naukluft Park travel pages
Photos in Namib-Naukluft ParkSee All Photos (31)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Galápagos Islands Intro, 36 reviews, 83 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Etosha National Park Intro, 38 reviews, 76 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tanzania Intro, 38 reviews, 74 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ecuador Intro, 36 reviews, 69 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Finland Intro, 31 reviews, 68 photos, 3 travelogues
- Costa Rica Intro, 28 reviews, 64 photos, 5 travelogues
- Namibia Intro, 29 reviews, 58 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination State of Sarawak Intro, 22 reviews, 62 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination State of Sabah Intro, 20 reviews, 58 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Romania Intro, 20 reviews, 57 photos, 5 travelogues
FriendsSee All Friends (41)
Latest Namib-Naukluft Park hotel reviews
- Sesriem Rest Camp
- 27 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Sep 6, 2013
- A Little Sossus Lodge
- 36 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 13, 2013
- Kulala Desert Lodge
- 65 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 21, 2013
- Rostock Ritz
- 1 Review & Opinion
- Buellsport Guest Farm
- 19 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Oct 7, 2013
- Namib Desert Lodge
- 54 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 14, 2013