"Mareeba, Gateway to Far North." Mareeba by australia2
Mareeba Travel Guide: 11 reviews and 41 photos
Set in the very attractive Atherton Tablelands, Mareeba is a well organised "capital" with all the needeed amenities and the flavour of Australia's far north east.
The centre of rich, varied agriculture.
This shot is actually looking inland towards Mareeba from the mountains behind coastal sugar-growing Innisfail.
The land is beautiful and varied.
We are looking north west at the Leichardt Ranges, the coast being well to our right.
The one with her head in the clouds is probably Bellinden Kerr.
The very important Burdekin river rises in those hills and reaches the ocean about 150 kilometres to the south below Townsville, between Ayr and Home Hill.
It is a very precious supply of water for domestic and sugar growing agriculture to areas where the rainfall is lower and less reliable.
Incidentally I'm rather proud of that pic. Click on it to enlarge its charm.
Now the going gets tough.
australia2's Related Pages
Mareeba Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Mareeba,QLD a modern country town."
- "Yee haa"
- "Mareeba, Gateway to Far North."
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Mareeba
- 0 Reviews
- 3 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (6)
Have you been to Mareeba?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Mareeba
Top 10 Pages
- Melbourne Intro, 11 reviews, 44 photos, 6 travelogues
- Poland Intro, 4 reviews, 32 photos, 4 travelogues
- Cape York Intro, 25 photos, 4 travelogues
- Berlin Intro, 1 review, 19 photos, 2 travelogues
- Bamaga Intro, 19 photos, 2 travelogues
- Broome Intro, 13 photos, 2 travelogues
- Kalgoorlie Intro, 12 photos, 2 travelogues
- London Intro, 11 photos, 1 travelogue
- Mannheim Intro, 11 photos, 1 travelogue
- Maryborough Intro, 11 photos, 1 travelogue