"Key Locations in Outback History." Tennant Creek by australia2
Tennant Creek Travel Guide: 3 reviews and 18 photos
(Population 2010: 6,307.)
(Brief shot of the town on my video clip 'Coming down the middle'.)
Part of Australian history was made with the construction of The Overland Telegraph Line circa 1899.
Tennant Creek was a major depot along the way.
Not far south of Tennant Creek is the fascinating geological group of rocks nicknamed 'The Devil's Marbles'.
Not the Aboriginal name of course !
That is Karlu Karlu.
This pic is a 'grab' from my video camera 'on the fly'. Just a tiny section of the whole collection - done by nature's hand.
Later we drove in and through the area. A much better way to absorb the atmosphere.
Just to prove the name !!
No Newsagency nearby - one up at Tennant Creek.
australia2's Related Pages
Tennant Creek Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Tennant Creek - The Golden Heart of the NT"
- "Tennant Creek Briefly"
- "Tennant Creek"
- "Devils Marbles"
- "Key Locations in Outback History."
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Tennant Creek
- 0 Reviews
- 3 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (8)
Have you been to Tennant Creek?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Tennant Creek
Photos in Tennant CreekSee All Photos (3)
Videos in Tennant CreekSee All Videos (3)
Top 10 Pages
- Melbourne Intro, 11 reviews, 44 photos, 6 travelogues
- Poland Intro, 4 reviews, 32 photos, 4 travelogues
- Cape York Intro, 25 photos, 4 travelogues
- Berlin Intro, 1 review, 19 photos, 2 travelogues
- Bamaga Intro, 19 photos, 2 travelogues
- Broome Intro, 13 photos, 2 travelogues
- Kalgoorlie Intro, 12 photos, 2 travelogues
- London Intro, 11 photos, 1 travelogue
- Mannheim Intro, 11 photos, 1 travelogue
- Maryborough Intro, 11 photos, 1 travelogue