"HOPEFULLY YOU WILL VIEW AND ENJOY MY PAGES." australia2's Profile

Travel, learn, find common ground and understand.

For our Great European Trip begin above in London. (My current Feature Page: Barrow Creek, N.T. Australia. Tragic area.)

OUR ROUTE FOR OUR FIRST 'AUS TRIP', COMMENCING MELBOURNE, IS IN CHAPTER 2 BELOW AS PER VIDEO CLIPS SEQUENCE. PLEASE NOTE: THOSE VIDEO CLIPS ARE OF OLD, 'LOSSY' V/TAPE VINTAGE, SO, SMALL SCREEN VIEWING ONLY PLEASE. STARTING FROM MELBOURNE:-
SEE YOU THERE.)

Referring to above 'mud map'.
A bit of an obtuse start to a par re self-aquaintance ! But that journey IS a part of me, from its first mental conception on a map - similar to above - on the kitchen table, up to and beyond its ultimate achievement. However, we put the horse and cart round the right way and we get :- I'm no spring chicken and have had a busy life. I've rounded it off in recent retirement years with travel long yearned for. I'm an electronics/mechanics technician with a strong interest in the inner workings of people as well as things. I was born in the early, struggling years of the Depression here in Melbourne and it's only in recent times that I have been able to see some of the many places which interest me, and have wanted to visit. At the same time experience the road less travelled..

I just had to see our Australia first and then - who knows ? .

(Want Australian Adventure pics? Go to my Cape York Peninsula pages.
A clickable taste of what's to come.. Come drive with me - but return.)

By the way I have five wonderful children. Three Gals and two Guys.
In my fairly busy life I regularly enjoy ballroom dancing. 'New Vogue' and 'English Sequence' styles. I wouldn't miss it for quids.

A nice philosophy :-
Seek you the wisdom of the aged
But look at the world as through the eyes of a child.

Australian attractions.

As desired, I began by seeing parts of Australia. This picture was taken at Bull Creek Aircraft Museum in the late 1980's on my first flying visit to Perth, capital city of Western Australia (first of many later visits) by 'plane- 3,000 road kilometres across to the other side of the country.

Later, in 1993, after a couple of trips up our east coast below and above Brisbane, my Polish lady travel-companion Hilda and I headed off west from Melbourne in my conventional 1983 model medium sized station wagon supposedly heading for Monkey Mia and the dolphins. Monkey Mia is situated midway up the west coast of Western Australia. - but we didn't stop there ! However, I find I'm getting into "Travel Page" material; so I'll leave here now and work on that section. See next chapter - below.
************************************
(AUSTRALIAN TOUR #1 of 3, VIDEO PRESENTATIONS. Short, *medium quality video clips. FOR VIEWING NOW: (*V/tape generation loss due to editing/assembling, circa olden days. Apologies. Then compression for uploading etc. - the last straw! N.B. Unfortunately, text editing on video clips not available after uploading. A shame.) ~~~~

PAGES in order of travel, Clickable links on the 'my VT things to do' list (Refer to my TRAVEL MAP and DESTINATIONS, meantime.): ~~~~ VICTORIA. Melbourne, Home - Animated Intro. ... STH. AUST: Hahndorf, ..... Adelaide, ... Port Augusta, ... Ceduna, (includes Nullabor Plain crossing.)..... WESTERN AUSTRALIA: Kalgoorlie, ... Perth, .... Rottnest Island, ... SOUTH WEST CORNER:... Bunbury , ... Yalingup - local caves, .... Augusta, .. Cape Leewuyn .... Gloucester, .... Albany, .... Albert Facey Homestead,... Wave Rock, .... ABOVE PERTH, HEADING NORTH: Cervantes (The Pinnacles.), ... Geraldton, ... Kalbarri, ... MonkeyMia, (Denham, Shell Beach.)... Carnarvon, .... Coral Bay, .... Cape Range, .... NorthWest Cape, ... Exmouth Gulf, .... Dampier, ... Karratha, .... Port Hedland, ... Coral Bay, .... Broome, .... Derby, ... Windjana Gorge, ... Tunnel Creek, ... Fitzroy Crossing, ... Giekie Gorge, ... Hall's Creek, ... Lake Argyle, ... Wyndham, ... Bungle Bungle Flight, ... Kunanurra, ... Katherine, (and Katherine Gorge trip.), .... Adelaide River War Cemetery, .... Darwin, ('Top End'.) .... Kakadu, (HEADING SOUTH.) .... Daly Waters, .... TenantCreek, .... Barrow Creek, (see Feature Page as above.), .... Alice Springs, .... Uluru, Ayer's Rock)....King's Canyon. .....Coober Peedy.... Port Augusta. ..... and many, many more to come on later Aus tours.) VIDEO CLIP VIEWING, SMALL SCREEN ONLY PLEASE.

____________________________________

A small preview.

Here is our "chariot" half way across Australia at the cliff-edge of The Great Australian Bight. Where the Nullabor Plain meets the Southern Ocean. As you can see our transport was pretty basic.This may lure you to my Travel Pages which are slowly buiding up - first stop back in Hahndorf in South Australia..
The journey has begun.
Come along with me.
Now or read more below.
___________________________________

Start a quick run-around W A - heading north.

This friendly encounter in a zoo on the north side of Perth.

_____________________________

They're waiting for us at Monkey Mia.

________________________________

At the Broome crocodile farm.

Love that fence !

____________________________

The historic Derby cattle loading ramps.

_______________________________

Near Derby - the Boab trees.

Getting really HOT now !

************************************************************
OK. NOW THE STAGE BY STAGE TOUR STORY. LEAVING MELBOURNE WE HEAD WEST OUT OF VICTORIA TO SOUTH AUSTRALIA. WE OVERNIGHT AT THE PLEASANT 'GERMANISH' TOWN OF HAHNDORF.
HERE:
Click here for Hahndorf. (It helps if you have an Australian (Road) Atlas beside you.)

_______________________________________

• Intro Updated Sep 17, 2013

Share your travels with the world!

Join Now!

Melbourne, Australia
Member Since
May 28, 2003
Website
Laurie Edward on Facebook.

Badges & Stats