"Jelsa. An unassuming, pleasant resort." Jelsa by halikowski
Jelsa Travel Guide: 8 reviews and 30 photos
A small pleasant, place. The hotels are discreet and many of my Serbian friends came here as schoolkids in the '70s. Doesn't have the pazazz of Hvar Town, but perhaps you don't want it. Beers are cheaper, and less paparazzi ready to snap you taking your clothes off.
This photo was taken by an acquaintance, Paul Bradbury, who runs Hvar Property Services. An interesting fellow, who runs his excellent company with the local electrician's daughter, Miranda. In that local society, electricians and builders are kings of the social hierarchy.. they go by the name `Mester' (Master), which is worth much more than any shabby Ph.D.
- Pros:Quiet, pleasant. Not too touristy. Fine buildings (Obcinski Dom, Church of Sv. Ivan), lovely park on the waterfront.
- Cons:Perhaps a little dull. Could clear up the open sewers flowing into the bay
- In a nutshell:nice place for holidays, I recommend.
Some great events taking place in the evenings: poetry recitals on the little garden island in the middle of Vrboska,... more travel advice
halikowski's Related Pages
Jelsa Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Jelsa, Hvar"
- "JELSA -SUMMER RESORT-ISLAND HVAR-CROATIA"
- "Jelsa. An unassuming, pleasant resort."
- "Relaxing athmosphere"
- "Vitarnja 38"
- "Jelsa town-Hvar island"
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Jelsa
- 6 Reviews
- 4 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (2)
Have you been to Jelsa?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Jelsa
Top 10 Pages
- Florence Intro, 24 reviews, 28 photos, 1 travelogue
- Banska Stiavnica Intro, 16 reviews, 34 photos
- Budapest Intro, 24 reviews, 14 photos, 1 travelogue
- Vrisnik Intro, 16 reviews, 19 photos
- Swansea Intro, 11 reviews, 22 photos, 1 travelogue
- Zakopane Intro, 14 reviews, 18 photos
- Lisbon Intro, 11 reviews, 9 photos
- Bremen Intro, 13 reviews, 7 photos
- Graz Intro, 12 reviews, 7 photos
- Hvar Intro, 8 reviews, 10 photos