"A city which stirs mixed emotions." Top 5 Page for this destination Swansea by halikowski
Swansea Travel Guide: 97 reviews and 265 photos
This one looks on to the park. Hungarian friends visiting Wales wrote: `Swansea tenyleg nagyon csuf, meg sem alltunk': not very complimentary. There's a lot of bad press about the city. Even the city bards are quick to call it a 'provincial outback', and 'ugly, lovely city', and the celebratory Peter Sager complains in his understated way about the sad and miserable job post-war planners did on restoring the city centre, which was bombed out in the second world war.
- Pros:beautiful view on to the park; stylish in a 1904 kind of way
- Cons:too quiet for my Portuguese friends
halikowski's Related Pages
Swansea Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Swansea - Abertawe"
- "Croeso i Abertawe (Swansea)"
- "Only a few hours there"
- "A city which stirs mixed emotions."
- See All...
- Things to Do in Swansea
- Hotels in Swansea
- Transportation in Swansea
- Nightlife in Swansea
- Restaurants in Swansea
- Shopping in Swansea
- Warnings and Dangers in Swansea
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Swansea
- 17 Reviews
- 27 Photos
- 1 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (27)
Have you been to Swansea?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Swansea
Photos in SwanseaSee All Photos (27)
Top 10 Pages
- Florence Intro, 26 reviews, 30 photos, 1 travelogue
- Banska Stiavnica Intro, 16 reviews, 34 photos
- Budapest Intro, 31 reviews, 18 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Swansea Intro, 17 reviews, 27 photos, 1 travelogue
- Zakopane Intro, 18 reviews, 23 photos
- Vrisnik Intro, 18 reviews, 23 photos, 1 travelogue
- Brussels Intro, 19 reviews, 8 photos
- Graz Intro, 14 reviews, 10 photos
- Lisbon Intro, 11 reviews, 9 photos
- Hvar Intro, 9 reviews, 11 photos