"It's a family thing" Landshark+3's Profile
I think traveling is something in your blood you either love it or hate it. I know my family has always loved to travel and it's definitely in me. I am sure if I was born two hundred years ago, I would have been a pirate; but a nice one, no robbing and pillaging ;) just to travel and see the world. I think my favorite trip when I was a kid was going to Central America. We drove ( Ok my Dad drove) all the way to Nicaragua. We went through Mexico and saw the Aztec pyramids. We went to Belize and also saw the Mayan Pyramids and so many other things I will never forget. I learned so much in that month and a half, even as a young teen. I leaned to appreciate what we have here in the US and how lucky we are that we can travel so freely. My goal is to do the same for my kids and hopefully put the Travel bug in them too, and hope they will learn and grow from it. Here's to many future adventures ;)
"Four things come not back: the spoken word, the spent arrow, the past life and the neglected opportunity."
--- Omar Idn Al-Halif
Question: If you could live forever, would you and why?
Answer: "I would not live forever, because we should not live forever, because if we were supposed to live forever, then we would live forever, but we cannot live forever, which is why I would not live forever," -- Miss Alabama in the
1994 Miss USA contest.
"If you give of yourself with an expectation that you should receive something in return, you will find yourself disappointed most of the time."
"Whenever I watch TV and see those poor starving kids all over the world, I can't help but cry. I mean I'd love to be skinny like that, but not with all those flies and death and stuff." --Mariah Carey
"Children begin by loving their parents; as they grow older, they judge them; sometimes, they forgive them."
--- Oscar Wilde
"Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country," -- Mayor Marion Barry, Washington, DC
"Enjoy each moment, enjoy each breath, enjoy each smile
for life should be well spent."
"I love California. I practically grew up in Phoenix." --
The world needs men and women...
who cannot be bought;
whose word is their bond;
who put character above wealth;
who possess opinions and a strong will;
who are larger than their vocations;
who do not hesitate to take risks;
who will not lose their individuality in a crowd;
who will be as honest in small affairs as in greater;
who will make no compromise with wrong;
whose ambitions are not confined to their own selfish desires;
who will not say they do it "because everybody else does it;"
who are true to their friends through good and bad, in adversity as well as in prosperity;
who do not believe that shrewdness, cunning, and hardheadedness are the best
qualities for winning success;
who are not ashamed or afraid to stand for the truth when it is unpopular;
who can say "no" with emphasis, although all the rest of the world says "yes".
"That lowdown scoundrel deserves to be kicked to death by
a jackass, and I'm just the one to do it," -- A congressional candidate in Texas.
You don't actually have to take the quiz. Just read straight through, and you'll get the point (an awesome one)
that it is trying to make!
Take this quiz:
1. Name the five wealthiest people in the world.
2. Name the last five Heisman trophy winners.
3. Name the last five winners of the Miss America
4. Name ten people who have won the Nobel or Pulitzer
5. Name the last half dozen Academy Award winners for
best actor and
6. Name the last decade's worth of World Series
How did you do?
The point is, none of us remember the headliners of
They are the best in their fields.
But the applause dies. Awards tarnish. Achievements
Accolades and certificates are buried with their
Here's another quiz. See how you do on this one:
1. List a few teachers who aided your journey through
2. Name three friends who have helped you through a
3. Name five people who have taught you something
4. Think of a few people who have made you feel
appreciated and special.
5. Think of five people you enjoy spending time with.
6. Name half a dozen heroes whose stories have
The people who make a difference in your life are not
the ones with the most credentials, the most money, or the most awards.
They are the ones that care.
Pass this on to those people who have made a
difference in your life.
"Don't worry about the world coming to an end today.
It's already tomorrow in Australia."
----- Charles Schultz
Top Travel Pages
Explore the World
Share your travels with the world!Join Now!
Badges & Stats
- 9 Reviews
- 35 Photos
- 1 Countries
- 1 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (2)
- Landshark+3 and jessicadf are now friends.
- Uploaded a Photo to "My number 3 reason for being here."
updated their Personal Page "My number 3 reason for being here."
- Posted in Travel Butuan Forum "RE: RE: Want to move to Butuan"
- created a Philippines Travel Page "Fell in love with the PI and the People"
- Commented on jessicadf's profile page
- Wrote a Review Top Notch Resort in Cabo San Lucas Hotels
Top PagesSee All Travel Pages (2)
- Paris Hotels
- 22165 Reviews - 53882 Photos
- Orlando Hotels
- 3079 Reviews - 5774 Photos
- New York City Hotels
- 15523 Reviews - 30894 Photos
- London Hotels
- 23062 Reviews - 47262 Photos
- Rome Hotels
- 11941 Reviews - 26475 Photos
- Cancún Hotels
- 1928 Reviews - 3713 Photos
- Myrtle Beach Hotels
- 319 Reviews - 425 Photos
- Las Vegas Hotels
- 8346 Reviews - 17012 Photos
- Manila Hotels
- 1909 Reviews - 4464 Photos
- Baguio Hotels
- 325 Reviews - 885 Photos
- Toronto Hotels
- 4278 Reviews - 8803 Photos
- Melbourne Hotels
- 3341 Reviews - 7498 Photos
- Goa Hotels
- 2036 Reviews - 3787 Photos
- Istanbul Hotels
- 7633 Reviews - 19478 Photos
- Panama City Beach Hotels
- 193 Reviews - 288 Photos