"Keene" Keene by sarahandgareth
Keene Travel Guide: 12 reviews and 29 photos
When we first began exploring, Keene seemed a little nondescript. However, we quickly discovered that with a college population and several sizeable professional companies, it supports a lively arts scene, and plenty of unexpected stores.
The downtown has a couple of great cafes, a cool music store, all kinds of crafts, and some excellent dining. On top of that, there's an extensive calendar of events each year, especially in the Fall, with the Pumpkin Fest in late October the annual standout event.
At the same time, Keene is rural enough that there are outdoor activites a plenty. Depending on your interests and the season, you can hike, bike, swim, ski, or simply enjoy the foliage.
Less than 90 minutes from Boston, Keene makes a great day-trip or weekend escape. While on the other hand, there is enough to do to keep you busy for a week or more if an extended trip strikes your fancy.
- In a nutshell:Quaint New England College Town
The Pumpkin Festival is Keene's biggest annual event. It takes place in late October, and has grown every year since it... more travel advice
Rick's is tucked away in a rather unattractive mall - especially in the evening, when everything else is closed. Of... more travel advice
sarahandgareth's Related Pages
Keene Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "What I did in Keene"
- "Keene, NH"
- "Keene, New Hampshire"
- "Actually, they have a house in Spofford."
- "Just another weird town in NH"
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Keene
- 4 Reviews
- 3 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (13)
Have you been to Keene?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Keene
Top 10 Pages
- New York City Intro, 64 reviews, 33 photos
- Boston Intro, 51 reviews, 30 photos
- Dublin Intro, 38 reviews, 17 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cambridge Intro, 37 reviews, 17 photos
- Seattle Intro, 27 reviews, 20 photos
- San Francisco Intro, 24 reviews, 19 photos
- Kilimanjaro National Park Intro, 19 reviews, 17 photos
- Berlin Intro, 22 reviews, 10 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Somerville Intro, 23 reviews, 7 photos
- Bethlehem Intro, 19 reviews, 8 photos