"Arusha" Arusha by sarahandgareth
Arusha Travel Guide: 45 reviews and 112 photos
Arusha was both our first brief stop on our bus trip from Nairobi to Moshi and our last overnight stop before leaving the Tanzania and returning home.
With the influx of foreigners created by the UN Tribunal for War Crimes in Rwanda, Arusha is unlike any of the other places we visited. The (false) economy created by the UN has resulted in many oddities ranging from pet supply stores to a street full of airline offices. What really bothered us was the aggresiveness of the hawkers and beggars. Other places we were more-or-less left alone, but in Arusha we were constantly surrounded.
We were left wondering what will happen to the strange economy in Arusha as soon as the UN leaves town?
This is definitely more of a warning than a danger, but expect very, very aggressive hawkers in Arusha. On our way to... more travel advice
sarahandgareth's Related Pages
Arusha Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Preparing for the long-awaited safaris!!!"
- "A fantastic experience in Tanzania"
- "Stopover before the photographic safari"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Arusha
- Hotels in Arusha
- Transportation in Arusha
- Restaurants in Arusha
- Shopping in Arusha
- Warnings and Dangers in Arusha
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Arusha
- 2 Reviews
- 2 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (13)
Have you been to Arusha?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Arusha
Top 10 Pages
- New York City Intro, 64 reviews, 33 photos
- Boston Intro, 51 reviews, 30 photos
- Dublin Intro, 38 reviews, 17 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cambridge Intro, 37 reviews, 17 photos
- Seattle Intro, 27 reviews, 20 photos
- San Francisco Intro, 24 reviews, 19 photos
- Kilimanjaro National Park Intro, 19 reviews, 17 photos
- Berlin Intro, 22 reviews, 10 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Somerville Intro, 23 reviews, 7 photos
- Bethlehem Intro, 19 reviews, 8 photos