"Grundlsee, Austria Week 1" Grundlsee by lefties
Grundlsee Travel Guide: 3 reviews and 8 photos
Leg 1 of 2 on our EuroTour'03 started Thursday Aug 14 leaving Dallas and arriving in London. Then connecting to Munich for the night. Taking a train, bus, and taxi to Salzburg the next morning. Picking up a rental car and driving to destination#1 the Ferienclub Grundlsee was a welcome blessing. Situated high in the mountains next to a beautiful lake the resort was an easy 5 stars! See pic #1. Our stay was for 1 week and the staff at the resort was top-notch!
All along the road (autoban) you'll find many roadside indoor/outdoor cafes. Very good quality in sampling the native cuisine at pretty fair prices. All serve great beer too!
- Pros:Beautiful views, clean, good climate (mid 70 degrees ferenheit). Good food. Warm people.
- Cons:American Cuisine was not very wide in scope. However the local produce by far surpasses what's found in the US gorcery store.
- In a nutshell:We got by with knowing very little German and it was difficult but we were able to accomplish all task's by willing to use what little German we knew. The road signs can be tough, but again we were able to get to where we were going.
Spa Condo Resort Club. You stay in a variety (size) of vilas that include kitchens, beds, shower, tv, main rooms. The... more travel advice
lefties' Related Pages
Grundlsee Travel Guide
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Grundlsee
- 3 Reviews
- 5 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (1)
Have you been to Grundlsee?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Grundlsee
Photos in GrundlseeSee All Photos (5)
Top 5 Pages
- Harrisonburg Intro, 5 reviews, 8 photos
- Grundlsee Intro, 3 reviews, 5 photos
- Scotland Intro, 1 review, 3 photos
- Florida Intro, 3 photos
- Plano Intro, 3 photos
No friends yet.
Latest Grundlsee hotel reviews
- Mondi-Holiday Grundlsee
- 45 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 20, 2013