"Hello" chazgilbert's Profile

Me, Myself and I.

Exploring new places is the best thing ever. I want to do this, write about it, and get paid.

So here's my position in life: I've just come back from India. People are taking the mickey because I'm fatter now than I was before I left.

I'm just about to become a journalist - maybe I'll practise a little bit here. Is that the correct spelling of practise?

My Favourite Place

A 'favourite place' should be defined as a place you keep going back to. For me, that place is the Scillies. Located thirty-odd miles off the south-west of Cornwall, it's somewhere pretty unique.

The climate is warmer than mainland Britain, the people are nicer and the pool tables are cheaper. The beaches aren't bad either.

My favourite island is Bryher, the smallest of five inhabited islands - population approx. 70. Absolute magic.

Where I Live

I spend most of my time between London and Cheltenham. One is the most cosmopolitan city on the planet, the other is a pretty town in Gloucestershire.

Furthest Flung Destination

Dhaka Airport, Bangladesh. But that doesn't really count, does it? I spent three weeks in Nepal in 2003. We sampled a bit of Kathmandu, rafted down the Trisuli river, and eventually made our way to the second city, Pokhara.

From there we went up to the Marsyangdi, only to float all the way back down. This was very, very fun.

I've been to Kanyakumari, the very tip of the Indian subcontinent. If someone would like to work out for me which is further from Cheltenham (I reckon it might just beat Dhaka), I'd be very grateful.

Where I would like to live

I'll probably change my opinion after every place I go to... but right now it's Kefalonia. It's rather nice.

Where Next?

The office: September 2008.

• Intro Updated Sep 10, 2008

Share your travels with the world!

Join Now!
chazgilbert's Profile Photo

chazgilbert

“For travel to be delightful, one must have a good place to leave and to return to.”

Real Name