"Hello" chazgilbert's Profile
Exploring new places is the best thing ever. I want to do this, write about it, and get paid.
So here's my position in life: I've just come back from India. People are taking the mickey because I'm fatter now than I was before I left.
I'm just about to become a journalist - maybe I'll practise a little bit here. Is that the correct spelling of practise?
A 'favourite place' should be defined as a place you keep going back to. For me, that place is the Scillies. Located thirty-odd miles off the south-west of Cornwall, it's somewhere pretty unique.
The climate is warmer than mainland Britain, the people are nicer and the pool tables are cheaper. The beaches aren't bad either.
My favourite island is Bryher, the smallest of five inhabited islands - population approx. 70. Absolute magic.
I spend most of my time between London and Cheltenham. One is the most cosmopolitan city on the planet, the other is a pretty town in Gloucestershire.
Dhaka Airport, Bangladesh. But that doesn't really count, does it? I spent three weeks in Nepal in 2003. We sampled a bit of Kathmandu, rafted down the Trisuli river, and eventually made our way to the second city, Pokhara.
From there we went up to the Marsyangdi, only to float all the way back down. This was very, very fun.
I've been to Kanyakumari, the very tip of the Indian subcontinent. If someone would like to work out for me which is further from Cheltenham (I reckon it might just beat Dhaka), I'd be very grateful.
I'll probably change my opinion after every place I go to... but right now it's Kefalonia. It's rather nice.
The office: September 2008.
Top Travel Pages
Share your travels with the world!Join Now!
Badges & Stats
- 101 Reviews
- 179 Photos
- 5 Countries
- 9 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (5)
- chazgilbert and ginastal are now friends.
- Uploaded a Photo to "India's landmark railway station"
- Wrote a Review India's landmark railway station about Victoria Terminus in Mumbai Things to Do
- updated a Mumbai Travel Page "I'd rather call it Bombay - it just sounds nicer"
updated their Profile Page "Hello"
- Posted in Travel Mumbai Forum "Mumbai footwear"
- Commented on PolinaS's profile page
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cefalonia Island Intro, 32 reviews, 63 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Skiathos Island Intro, 26 reviews, 26 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Minorca Island Intro, 13 reviews, 37 photos
- London Intro, 14 reviews, 26 photos
- Kathmandu Intro, 7 reviews, 8 photos
- Mumbai Intro, 3 reviews, 5 photos
- Pokhara Intro, 3 reviews, 3 photos
- India Intro, 3 photos
- Nepal 1 review, 1 photo
- Patan 1 review, 1 photo
FriendsSee All Friends (1)
- Paris Hotels
- 22507 Reviews - 55088 Photos
- Fort Lauderdale Hotels
- 659 Reviews - 1389 Photos
- Dubai Hotels
- 2702 Reviews - 7927 Photos
- London Hotels
- 23331 Reviews - 48936 Photos
- Manila Hotels
- 2029 Reviews - 4971 Photos
- New York City Hotels
- 15667 Reviews - 31359 Photos
- Baguio Hotels
- 328 Reviews - 897 Photos
- Cancún Hotels
- 1933 Reviews - 3730 Photos
- Orlando Hotels
- 3100 Reviews - 5884 Photos
- Punta Cana Hotels
- 422 Reviews - 1020 Photos
- Playa del Carmen Hotels
- 781 Reviews - 1749 Photos
- Goa Hotels
- 2059 Reviews - 3877 Photos
- Bangkok Hotels
- 10316 Reviews - 22906 Photos
- Rome Hotels
- 12025 Reviews - 26772 Photos
- Istanbul Hotels
- 7829 Reviews - 20234 Photos