"No probs in el Remate" El Remate by paparush
El Remate Travel Guide: 31 reviews and 43 photos
Spent three days in el Remate in May, 2003. Had heard the stories of tourists being harrassed in the area.
We saw many, many special tourists police in and around el Remate. They walked, bicycled, and motorcycled through town all day long. Very casual, but very present. They were definitely flying the colors and we felt perfectly safe as did all the other travelers we encountered.
Obviously the local powers that be recognized that losing tourist dollars would not be a good thing and they have responded well.
- Pros:Quiet, friendly, lots of cheap rooms, amazing views!
- Cons:Bloody HOT!!
- In a nutshell:Quiet, peaceful alternative to Flores
At Don David's you can change money, make travel arrangements to Tikal, make bus reservations, and just about anything... more travel advice
White, stucco, thatched-roof cabanas, built Mayan style. Pablo and his wife are very cool and Pablo speaks excellent... more travel advice
paparush's Related Pages
El Remate Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "El Remate, halfway between Flores and Tikal"
- "A good base for Tikal"
- "El Remate, On the Road to Tikal"
- "On the shore of the Peten Itza lake."
- "El Remate"
- "No probs in el Remate"
- See All...
- Things to Do in El Remate
- Hotels in El Remate
- Transportation in El Remate
- Restaurants in El Remate
- Shopping in El Remate
- Warnings and Dangers in El Remate
- See All...
Badges & Stats in El Remate
- 4 Reviews
- 0 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (2)
Have you been to El Remate?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in El Remate
- Isla Mujeres Intro, 7 reviews, 1 photo
- San Ignacio Intro, 8 reviews
- Caye Caulker Intro, 7 reviews
- El Remate Intro, 4 reviews
No friends yet.