"More "Mexi" than "Cali"" Top 5 Page for this destination Mexicali by mht_in_la
Mexicali Travel Guide: 17 reviews and 47 photos
With population of about 1 million, Mexicali is the capital of the State of Baja California, Mexico. Unlike most Mexican border cities such as Tijuana or Nogalis, Mexicali dwarfs its US counterpart, Calexico, and gives an authentic Mexican feel. When I walked around Calexico on the US side, I found Spanish is more popular than English. When visiting Mexicali, I felt like walking in a real Mexican city, instead of a US tourist resort.
Meantime, Mexicali's economy relies less on tourism and more on agriculture and other industries. Besides the government buildings, Mexicali is Mexico's agricultural center in the Imperial Valley, depending heavily on the rich delta of Colorado River.
Outside the bullfight arena a group of animal right activists gather to protest. Fortunately everything was peaceful; no... more travel advice
In the begining of a bullfight, matador's assistants run around the ring (no cape, no sword) to tease the bull. The bull... more travel advice
mht_in_la's Related Pages
Mexicali Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "More "Mexi" than "Cali""
- "Guadalupe Canyon"
- "Mexicali: Hot, Hot, Hot!!!!!!"
- "Moving back to the Border"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Mexicali
- Transportation in Mexicali
- Restaurants in Mexicali
- Shopping in Mexicali
- Warnings and Dangers in Mexicali
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Mexicali
- 8 Reviews
- 9 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 3 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (4)
Have you been to Mexicali?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Mexicali
Photos in MexicaliSee All Photos (9)
Top 10 Pages
- Las Vegas Intro, 80 reviews, 105 photos, 3 travelogues
- Death Valley National Park Intro, 75 reviews, 97 photos, 3 travelogues
- Washington D.C. Intro, 67 reviews, 92 photos, 3 travelogues
- New York City Intro, 63 reviews, 70 photos, 1 travelogue
- Yosemite National Park Intro, 45 reviews, 81 photos, 5 travelogues
- Santa Catalina Island Intro, 39 reviews, 80 photos, 5 travelogues
- Tucson Intro, 41 reviews, 59 photos, 2 travelogues
- Arches National Park Intro, 34 reviews, 43 photos, 1 travelogue
- Jasper National Park Intro, 28 reviews, 38 photos, 1 travelogue
- Banff National Park Intro, 23 reviews, 41 photos, 2 travelogues