"The other side of Baja" San Felipe by mht_in_la
San Felipe Travel Guide: 51 reviews and 118 photos
Opposite to Tijuana, Ensenada, and other Baja cities on the Pacific side, San Felipe offers a very different Baja experience. It's located on the east side of the peninsula facing the Gulf of California. With roads much less travelled, this small fishing village still has a primitive feel to it.
Snowbirds (American retirees) have long discovered this remote paradise. In fact, many snowbirds live here year-round in the RV parks along the miles of beaches stretching north and south of San Felipe. In recent years San Felipe was also discovered by the young spring breakers. It has its share of bars and clubs along the promenade. But outside the tourist season, San Felipe is still the same small fishing village.
Visit outside the tourist season (spring break) to enjoy this small, primitive fishing village. Lots of quiet time to... more travel advice
From the Virgin of Guadalupe Shrine at the top of a small hill just north of malecom, you get a nice view of the the... more travel advice
mht_in_la's Related Pages
San Felipe Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "A quiet seaside town."
- "San Felipe, Baja California Norte"
- "The other side of Baja"
- "A small fishing town"
- "San Felipe!"
- "Under Construction. Sorry about the dust!"
- "An Aussie in San Felipe"
- See All...
- Things to Do in San Felipe
- Hotels in San Felipe
- Transportation in San Felipe
- Restaurants in San Felipe
- Shopping in San Felipe
- Warnings and Dangers in San Felipe
- See All...
Badges & Stats in San Felipe
- 11 Reviews
- 11 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 3 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (4)
Have you been to San Felipe?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in San Felipe
Photos in San FelipeSee All Photos (11)
Top 10 Pages
- Las Vegas Intro, 80 reviews, 105 photos, 3 travelogues
- Death Valley National Park Intro, 75 reviews, 97 photos, 3 travelogues
- Washington D.C. Intro, 67 reviews, 92 photos, 3 travelogues
- New York City Intro, 63 reviews, 70 photos, 1 travelogue
- Yosemite National Park Intro, 45 reviews, 81 photos, 5 travelogues
- Santa Catalina Island Intro, 39 reviews, 80 photos, 5 travelogues
- Tucson Intro, 41 reviews, 59 photos, 2 travelogues
- Arches National Park Intro, 34 reviews, 43 photos, 1 travelogue
- Jasper National Park Intro, 28 reviews, 38 photos, 1 travelogue
- Banff National Park Intro, 23 reviews, 41 photos, 2 travelogues