"Canyons and Hot Springs" Kootenay National Park by mht_in_la
Kootenay National Park Travel Guide: 65 reviews and 81 photos
If you visit Kootenay National Park from the southwest, you first receive a warm welcome from Sinclair Canyon when you pass the entrance (see photo above). If you visit from the north like me, you probably have seen Banff and Jasper and are hardly impressed. Many visitors to the Rockies never make it to Kootenay. After all, compared with the biggies, Kootenay's canyons are not as steep and springs not as hot. Just count the number of VT pages posted by members and you'll see Kootenay has less than one tenth of either Banff's or Jasper's.
On the other hand, National Park is just an artificial boundary. Here in Kootenay you can enjoy the Rockies without running into busloads of tourists. Instead, I saw more locals here -- moms driving kids to swimming lessons in Radium Hot Springs, plus plenty of wildlife.
Guarding Kootenay National Park's southwestern entrance is the dramatic Sinclair Canyon. The photo shows the Canyon's... more travel advice
Found a bunch of goats near Radium Hot Springs Hotel. They were so close to the Hotel that I wasn't 100% sure they were... more travel advice
mht_in_la's Related Pages
Kootenay National Park Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "The Minute and the Majestic"
- "THE BEAUTIFUL KOOTENAYS"
- "Kootenay National Park of Canada"
- "Canyons and Hot Springs"
- "Kootenay National Park"
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Kootenay National Park
- 6 Reviews
- 7 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 3 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (4)
Have you been to Kootenay National Park?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Kootenay National Park
Photos in Kootenay National ParkSee All Photos (7)
Top 10 Pages
- Las Vegas Intro, 80 reviews, 105 photos, 3 travelogues
- Death Valley National Park Intro, 75 reviews, 97 photos, 3 travelogues
- Washington D.C. Intro, 67 reviews, 92 photos, 3 travelogues
- New York City Intro, 63 reviews, 70 photos, 1 travelogue
- Yosemite National Park Intro, 45 reviews, 81 photos, 5 travelogues
- Santa Catalina Island Intro, 39 reviews, 80 photos, 5 travelogues
- Tucson Intro, 41 reviews, 59 photos, 2 travelogues
- Arches National Park Intro, 34 reviews, 43 photos, 1 travelogue
- Jasper National Park Intro, 28 reviews, 38 photos, 1 travelogue
- Banff National Park Intro, 23 reviews, 41 photos, 2 travelogues