"Beachcombing with the locals" Pacific Rim National Park by mht_in_la

Pacific Rim National Park Travel Guide: 6 reviews and 32 photos

Whenever I think of Pacific Rim National Park, this is the picture that comes to my mind. The Park's lush rainforest is right on its gorgeous beaches and coves, providing local wildlife an opportunity to beachcomb as people do.

Pacific Rim National Park is located in the southwestern corner of Vancouver Island. Geologically and ecologically it's a continuation of the Olympic National Park on the US side, especially the unique temperate rainforest along the shoreline. The Park is divided into 3 units:

Long Beach
Broken Group Islands
West Coast Trail

Among them, the Broken Group Islands unit consists of a chain of more than a hundred islands and is only accessible by boat. The West Coast Trail unit has a 75 km (47 miles) coastal trail that requires hiking multiple days in the wild. I only visited the popular Long Beach, the stretch of peninsula between Tofino and Ucluelet. So this page is by no means comprehensive, but I want to share with you the wonderful time I had in the Pacific Rim National Park. I wish to come back and hike the West Coast Trail next time.

The following is the official Pacific Rim National Park website if you need further into:

While in Pacific Rim National Park I also visited Tofino and Ucluelet, and took a couple of pictures there. They are posted on separate VT pages.

• Pros:Unique combination of rainforest, beach, and wildlife.
  • Cons:Not sure about all the boardwalk imposed on nature.
  • In a nutshell:Love at first sight. I immediately bought the annual pass.
  • Last visit to Pacific Rim National Park: Jun 2003
  • Intro Updated Jul 6, 2003

• canuck68's Profile Photo
    Feb 12, 2006 at 11:30 AM

I'm glad you liked the West Coast. I live here and didn't realize that deer are comfortable on the beach. Great pictures and tips. Thanks, Diane

• sue_stone's Profile Photo
    Jul 11, 2004 at 1:11 AM

What a fabulous place!!

• sim1's Profile Photo
    Dec 7, 2003 at 1:12 AM

Ooooh, that intro photo is so beautiful!!! I love this part of Canada! I have only been here once but I will never forget the beauty of this place! I do hope to return some day :-))

• Sharrie's Profile Photo
    Dec 1, 2003 at 2:41 AM

That intro pix says it all...

mht_in_la

“Make your mark on the world”

Badges & Stats in Pacific Rim National Park

Have you been to Pacific Rim National Park?

Latest Activity in Pacific Rim National Park