"Yo-see-mighty National Park" Yosemite National Park by mht_in_la

Yosemite National Park Travel Guide: 1,510 reviews and 3,484 photos

Update (7/5/2005): 4th of July weekend I visited Yosemite again and collected 3 domes this time -- Sentinel Dome (6/30), Half Dome (7/1), and Lambert Dome (7/2). See my travelogue for Half Dome hike photos.

Update (1/21/2004): Just came back from Yosemite last weekend. The wintry scenery was really something else, quite different from that in the summer. I'll try to post the new photos when I have a chance.

Yosemite is an all-season park. Each season has a distinct flavor. I have visited Yosemite 4 times in the past few years --
Jan 2004
Mar 2002
Aug 2001
Jul 1999
Each time I come here I find something new. No wonder Yosemite draws artists and photographers from all over the world to reside here year-round seeking inspiration.

Yosemite National Park is all mighty. In the photo to the right I summarized its unparalleled beauty by framing the two icons, Yosemite Falls and Half Dome, into one single picture. But Yosemite is more than just icons. It's full of natural wonders and rich in human history. One way to look at Yosemite is by its clusters of attractions...

1. The Valley -- this is the heart of Yosemite with the highest concentration of waterfalls, domes, and of course, tourists.
2. Wawona area -- near the south entrance you'll find Mariposa Grove, Pioneer Center, the historic Wawona Hotel, etc.
3. Tioga Road -- open only part of the year, its roadside attractions include the Luolumne Meadow, Tenaya Lake, etc.

Yosemite is also important to America's national park system. In 1903, Muir accompanied Roosevelt, then the President, to a 3-day camping trip in Yosemite. The night they camped at the valley meadow, they had a long discussion and Muir expressed his vision for the country's National Park system. Through Roosevelt's personal attention to Yosemite and the efforts of Muir and the Sierra Club, finally in 1906 the U.S. government established 5 national parks, 23 national monuments, and 148 millions acres of national forests. It all started here in Yosemite.

• Last visit to Yosemite National Park: Jul 2005
  • Intro Updated Jul 5, 2005

• Aug 5, 2011 at 3:24 AM

Yosemite National Park has experienced a much higher than usual quantity of individuals killed in a tragedy. Here is the proof: <a title="Dangerous year for national parks guests as 14 die in Yosemite" href="newsytype.com/9639-deadly-ye...

• Christlike's Profile Photo
    Sep 15, 2009 at 7:49 AM

Awesome view. Next time I am there, I am going to take this hike!

• Katmosphere's Profile Photo
    May 21, 2006 at 8:17 AM

These are great pages, makes me want to go to Yosemite.. I love hiking...

• Sirvictor's Profile Photo
    May 8, 2005 at 11:28 AM

please take a look at my Silifke page for more information about the 3 graces.

• IceBear7's Profile Photo
    Aug 19, 2004 at 1:09 AM

wow your pages are the perfect source of information for me :-))))

• Aug 12, 2004 at 9:16 AM

Lovely pics...I would love to go back there in winter.

• Royal63's Profile Photo
    Apr 19, 2004 at 10:35 PM

We stayed at the Ahwahnee. We had a Junior Suite on the east side to catch the morning sun. Incredible place.

• MarvintheMartian's Profile Photo
    Jan 25, 2004 at 9:30 AM

Great photo's of Yosemite - it's just a fantastic place!

• mcpangie's Profile Photo
    Jan 11, 2004 at 2:56 AM

Cool page! I like your deer warning. Bambi made us think they are tame I guess... nice reminder.

• doolemma's Profile Photo
    Dec 8, 2003 at 6:10 PM

Thanks for bringing back the memory of a trip to Yosemite in the '60s.Your photos and quote "Impeccable beauty" describes the park perfectly.

mht_in_la

“Make your mark on the world”

Badges & Stats in Yosemite National Park

Have you been to Yosemite National Park?

Latest Activity in Yosemite National Park