"Pier and beyond" Santa Monica by mht_in_la

Santa Monica Travel Guide: 457 reviews and 1,055 photos

Santa Monica. The name is mentioned often in Hollywood movies and pop songs. It's one of the must-see attractions to people travelling through southern California.

To most tourists, myself included, Santa Monica is centered around the Pier. I don't have the statistics but I think Santa Monica Pier could be the biggest pier in southern California. (If you know if this is true let me know please.) Anyways, it's big enough to support an amusement park, an outdoor stage for live music, a parking lot, a couple of restaurants, and even a small mini golf course. Every time I visit Santa Monica I always end up wandering on the Pier.

Then there's the beach, which extends miles on both sides of the Pier. In the summer it's filled with sunbathers; an image most tourists associate southern California with. Other attractions nearby include Third Street Promenade where you'll find street entertainers and colorful characters. Downtown also has a few historic buildings that require some research to locate. A few miles south is Venice Beach. But that belongs to another page.

• Last visit to Santa Monica: Sep 2004
  • Intro Updated Sep 14, 2004

• May 27, 2005 at 12:21 AM

We'll be staying in Santa Monica for a couple of months in the summer, I am certain we'll go to the pier as well :)

mht_in_la

“Make your mark on the world”

Badges & Stats in Santa Monica

Have you been to Santa Monica?

Latest Activity in Santa Monica