"The Accidental Tourist" Yakutat by mht_in_la
Yakutat Travel Guide: 12 reviews and 17 photos
My visit to Yakutat was accidental. It was not on my travel map and I had never heard of this tiny village. On the early morning of May 15th 2002 when AMH Kennicott announced we were about to make a quick stop at Yakutat, I was just glad that I got to step on dry land after 16 hours of Inside Passage. Most passengers took the opportunity to stretch their legs, especially dog owners who took the chance to walk their dogs.
I visited Yakutat in a drizzling morning. Near the harbor I photographed this lone bald eagle on tree top. It's soaking... more travel advice
Yakutat is a small isolated Tlingit village with population of about 800. It's the only port of call we stopped between... more travel advice
mht_in_la's Related Pages
Yakutat Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Ancient Ice"
- "The Accidental Tourist"
- "LizSitka's new Yakutat Page"
- "The middle of nowhere"
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Yakutat
- 4 Reviews
- 4 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (15)
Have you been to Yakutat?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Yakutat
Photos in YakutatSee All Photos (4)
Top 10 Pages
- Las Vegas Intro, 80 reviews, 105 photos, 3 travelogues
- Death Valley National Park Intro, 75 reviews, 97 photos, 3 travelogues
- Washington D.C. Intro, 67 reviews, 92 photos, 3 travelogues
- New York City Intro, 63 reviews, 70 photos, 1 travelogue
- Yosemite National Park Intro, 45 reviews, 81 photos, 5 travelogues
- Santa Catalina Island Intro, 39 reviews, 80 photos, 5 travelogues
- Tucson Intro, 41 reviews, 59 photos, 2 travelogues
- Arches National Park Intro, 34 reviews, 43 photos, 1 travelogue
- Jasper National Park Intro, 28 reviews, 38 photos, 1 travelogue
- Banff National Park Intro, 23 reviews, 41 photos, 2 travelogues