"Russian village" Ninilchik by mht_in_la
Ninilchik Travel Guide: 16 reviews and 32 photos
It's amazing to walk into a place where history is recorded in the buildings as well as people. Established in the 1820's, Ninilchik is the oldest community on Kenai Peninsula. Today many of the village's log houses are still occupied by descendents of the original Russian colonists who came with the Russian American Company. Even after Alaska was purchased by U.S., they kept their tradition generations after.
In a clear day, from Ninilchik Village you can see the mountain range on the other side of Cook Inlet, including Mt.... more travel advice
mht_in_la's Related Pages
Ninilchik Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Bringing in The Boat"
- "larsy's Ninilchik Page"
- "Ninilchik - "Peaceful Settlement By a River""
- "Russian village"
- "Ninilchik, Alaska"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Ninilchik
- Hotels in Ninilchik
- Nightlife in Ninilchik
- Restaurants in Ninilchik
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Ninilchik
- 3 Reviews
- 4 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (4)
Have you been to Ninilchik?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Ninilchik
Top 10 Pages
- Las Vegas Intro, 80 reviews, 105 photos, 3 travelogues
- Death Valley National Park Intro, 75 reviews, 97 photos, 3 travelogues
- Washington D.C. Intro, 67 reviews, 92 photos, 3 travelogues
- New York City Intro, 63 reviews, 70 photos, 1 travelogue
- Yosemite National Park Intro, 45 reviews, 81 photos, 5 travelogues
- Santa Catalina Island Intro, 39 reviews, 80 photos, 5 travelogues
- Tucson Intro, 41 reviews, 59 photos, 2 travelogues
- Arches National Park Intro, 34 reviews, 43 photos, 1 travelogue
- Jasper National Park Intro, 28 reviews, 38 photos, 1 travelogue
- Banff National Park Intro, 23 reviews, 41 photos, 2 travelogues