"Blogger 2 Business http://www.boutiquebangkok.com/" alvis's Profile

My Travelling

2012 Update. Haven't been here in a while. Have returned after 5 years for a quick update to my travel blogs. I now live and own property in Bangkok. I set up a design company back in the UK which I manage remotely while living here in Thailand.

I have pursued my interest in tourism and have setup my own boutique travel site for Bangkok Thailand http://www.boutiquebangkok.com. I also use this site as a personal, independent travel blog. Here is my most recent blog, an impromptu tour of Singapore.

Born in Northern Ireland, started business in Thailand, met my girlfriend in Bangkok and now just travelling the world when I get the chance. I started young travelling with the family mostly to France and the UK. Due to my dads fear of flying family holidays were all road and boat trips, which brought us to France a lot. My dad being fond of travelling and having seen a lot of France decided we should go for a longer road trip and we did a trip through France, Germany, Holland, Belgium, Luxemburg, and the UK.

After many package holiday to Spanish resorts, and a couple of visits to Ibiza I realised how bored I was of this type of holiday and decided it was time I did some proper travelling. Before now the most exotic place I had visited was Morroco which was only a day trip, leaving from Gibraltar. After packing up my car and driving to Dublin we got on a boat and headed off to France. After camping on many seaside resorts on the west coast of France we set off from Biarritz crossing the Pyrennes and arriving in the South of France. We spent quite a while in the South of France checking out places including St. Tropez, Montpellier, Nice, Cannes, Monaco and many more.

Packing up the car we left Monaco and made our way to Italy visiting the usual sites like Pisa and did a tour of Rome. After a few great days in Italy we made our way back to the South of France where we then decided on a trip to Barcelona. We drove down the east coast of Spain checking out all the different areas before arriving in Barcelona. Moving on we decided to stay a while at a seaside resort and stopped off in Llorret de Mar on the Costa Bravo. After 3 nights of getting wasted packed up and made our way back to the South of France for some mre sea and sun then made our way back to Andorra.

A few miles from Andorra, near a small town called Ille Sur Tet the car exploded leaving us stuck in the middle of forest in the Pyrenees. After the diagnosis of the car was fatal we paid near £200 to get it scrapped and were forced to get a bus to the closest city, Perpignan. From Perpignan we got a night train to Paris where we bounced on a plane back to London and on to Belfast and back home.

This was my 1st proper travelling adventure and I was now eager to travel further. Due to a fascination for Asia and especially South East Asia I decided on a visit to Thailand where I lived for 12 months in the past 3 years and made a number trips to other countries such as Cambodia, Malaysia, Borneo, Bali and Singapore.

Home and Family

• Intro Updated Mar 16, 2012

• sui123's Profile Photo
    Mar 8, 2009 at 4:56 AM

Happy Birthday to you!

• brewjohnson's Profile Photo
    Mar 18, 2008 at 5:36 PM

Hi Allan, I just spent some time reading your SE Asia pages. Great work. I really enjoyed them!

• Bokhari76's Profile Photo
    Mar 8, 2008 at 12:57 AM

Hello Alan. Happy Birthday to you. Wish you many happy returns of the day.

• Dec 31, 2007 at 11:05 AM

Happy new year 2008! Nikos from Greece and Emmy from Thailand

• birchy99's Profile Photo
    Mar 8, 2006 at 3:37 PM

Best wishes and a good pint of Guinness for your birthday. Hope you did something wild and wonderful to celebrate. Greetings from Oregon, USA. Mart

• stappm's Profile Photo
    Mar 8, 2006 at 5:32 AM

Happy Birthday Happy BIRTHDAY HAPPY BIRTHDAY! I wish you all the best for your birthday. Many Smiles, from San Francisco

• tashka's Profile Photo
    Mar 7, 2006 at 11:43 PM

Happy Burthday, Allan! Many happy returns of the day!

• adelaidean's Profile Photo
    Mar 7, 2006 at 10:23 PM

love your pages...dont forget to stop in adelaide if you get to Oz

• Scotsgal's Profile Photo
    Jan 27, 2006 at 5:28 PM

Hi Allan, Great HP. You should stop in Brisbane it's a great place to see & the Gold Coast beaches are nice. Cheers, Pamela.

• airasia's Profile Photo
    Mar 7, 2005 at 10:26 PM

happy birthday Allan. Hope you the celebration is GREAT....

Share your travels with the world!

Join Now!
alvis's Profile Photo

alvis

“"Just Grab your hat, come travel light, thats hobo style" http://www.boutiquebangkok.com”

Real Name