"Liverpool, or where I earn a crust!" Liverpool by Emmjai

Liverpool Travel Guide: 1,283 reviews and 2,296 photos

I don't so much visit Liverpool, as drive there almost every day, for work. So I see a lot, but don't get to 'see' it much. Last year, I was involved in hosting a conference in the city, and we had a specific objective of showing the city off, particularly to first time visitors to the city. After over 10 years inside the city, I finally visited such places as the Cavern, the Cathdral crypt and the Maritime Museum!

Now VT has motivated me, I will take my camera with me more, and try to take appropriate photos to go with my 'Must see' tips, but you may have to be patient!

Many people have a distorted view of the city of Liverpool, usually because they have never visited the place. It has more Georgian arcticture than any other city in UK (including Bath and Edinburgh, or so the publicity says) but it doesn't make such a fuss about it. Liverpool was probably at its peak in Victorian times, when the Glass house at Sefton Park was originally built. It has recently been returned to its former glory, and is a great place for a stroll in any weather.

• Pros:A much maligned city, that invariably surprises the visitor
  • In a nutshell:Friendly folk, and more Georgian buildings than Bath
  • Last visit to Liverpool: Jun 2003
  • Intro Updated Sep 21, 2003

Emmjai

“Life's an adventure”

Badges & Stats in Liverpool

Have you been to Liverpool?

Friends