Jersey Off The Beaten Path Tips by Tea4Two Top 5 Page for this destination
Jersey Off The Beaten Path: 22 reviews and 23 photos
There are two local radio stations (Radio Jersey 88.8FM and Channel 103 - 103.7FM) - each very good in their own way.
If you get a chance tune into Radio Jersey, say on a Saturday morning, to hear the local market place. There are quite some characters that phone in!!
Other Contact: www.channel103.com
Bergerac at Gorey
Bergerac was a crime drama series that ran on the BBC for most of the 1980's, star John Nettles played recovering alcoholic detective sergeant Jim Bergerac. The drama is famously set in Jersey with the whole of the island acting as one big location.
Sgt James Bergerac was a divorced, recovering alcoholic who liked to work alone. It was the dedication to his job, coupled with his drink problem that cost him his marriage and later caused friction with several of his girlfriends. Despite his troubled personal life, Bergerac was an excellent Detective with a 99% clear up rate, he single handedly solved every crime ever committed on this small island, with one exception...Phillipa Vale. This character appeared in a number of episodes, and in my opinion these were the best ones. Played by Lisa Goddard, Phillipa Vale had an affinity for Diamonds, hence her nickname, 'The Ice Maiden', and continually gave Bergerac the run around. She always referred to him as 'Sgt Dear...' or 'James...' and the chemistry bewteen these two characters practically melted the screen - if it weren't for the fact that she was a Thief and he a Policeman it would have been a match made in heaven !
Bergerac worked for the 'Bureau des Etrangers', a fictious section of the Jersey States Police, tasked primarily to deal with visitors to the island and foreign companys, for the majority ot the series. But, after falling out with his new boss and acquiring himself a French girlfriend, Bergerac setup on his own as a Private Investigator, these last episodes were set primarily in France.
Speak to any of the locals and you may find that they appeared as an "extra" in one of the episodes!
More Reviews (43)
- See All National Trust
- See All Swimming
- See All Customs
- See All Close to - but not in the Town ....
- See All Italian & French Haute Cuisine
- See All Bus or Coach?
Tea4Two's Related Pages
Jersey Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "9X5 The Rock"
- "More than just a rock ...."
- "Jersey come rain or shine"
- "WELCOME TO MY CHANNEL ISLAND OF JERSEY PAGE...:-)"
- "My Jersey Page"
- "Jersey CI"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Jersey
- Hotels in Jersey
- Transportation in Jersey
- Nightlife in Jersey
- Restaurants in Jersey
- Shopping in Jersey
- Warnings and Dangers in Jersey
- See All...
Explore the World
- Riviera West Hotels
- Bien Hoa
- Mount Evelyn Hotels
- Eightmile Hotels
- Sulphur Hotels
- County Westmeath
- Parks & Outdoor areas
- Mammoth Lakes Off The Beaten Path
- Baguio City Off The Beaten Path
- Muhafazat Musandam Off The Beaten Path
- Nanaimo Off The Beaten Path
- Beyond the Highway
- Bruce Lee Memorial
- Des Moines Off The Beaten Path
- Dolphin Research Center
- Bùzios Off The Beaten Path
- Strasbourg Off The Beaten Path
- Uluru National Park (Ayers Rock) Off The Beaten Path
Badges & Stats in Jersey
- 45 Reviews
- 40 Photos
- 8 Forum posts
- 0 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (3)
Have you been to Jersey?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Jersey
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Jersey Intro, 45 reviews, 40 photos
- Crete Island Intro, 16 reviews, 14 photos
- Sark Intro, 11 reviews, 12 photos
- Zürich Intro, 12 reviews, 8 photos
- Herm Intro, 5 reviews, 6 photos
- Saint-Malo Intro, 1 review, 2 photos
- Vaduz 3 reviews
- Switzerland Intro, 2 photos
- Sicilia Intro, 1 review, 1 photo
- Taormina 2 reviews