Garmisch-Partenkirchen Transportation Tips by MrBill Top 5 Page for this destination
Garmisch-Partenkirchen Transportation: 31 reviews and 43 photos
The train from the Munich Hauptbahnhof to Garmisch-Partenkirchen is the perfect, stressless way, to get to the Alpine town.
Here is an example from Deutsche Bahn www.db.de
München Hbf track 27-36
depart 11.34 a.m.
arrive 1:23 p.m.
approximately 2 hours
price 14,20 EUR
one way, tourist class
Tickets can be booked in advance either online, in person at the HBf, or even bought on the train. Return fare is double, unless you book a special fare. Please enquire directly at www.db.de
The route takes you through some picturesque Bavarian towns, and along the shores of Starnberger See, as well as, through Murnau on the way to Garmisch. If it is a clear day, you will have the panorama of the mountains the whole way.
Other Contact: http://www.db.de/site/bahn/de/st
Once you reach Garmisch-Partenkirchen you will want to access the slopes via the Zugspitzbahn and connected systems of cable cars and lifts.
The Bayerische Zugspitzbahn Bergbahn AG is located behind the Hauptbahnhof in Garmisch, about 2-minutes walk from the main arrival and departure tracks. Just walk under the tracks, away from the HBF and you will see it on your left as you step out into sunshine.
No fewer than eight cable cars and gondolas await you, giving you access to locations at differing altitudes. You have your choice of the Hausberg, Kreuzeck, Oesterfelder or Zugspitze. You cannot reach the Wank from here, so you will have to take a taxi from the HBF. The Wank is now closed during most of the winter months, except occasionally during peak holidays. It is open all summer and serviced from the Wank Bahn.
Travel on the Zugspitzbahn is free with a valid ski pass.
Other Contact: http://www.zugspitze.com/
More Reviews (39)
- See All downhill skiing
- See All avalanche dangers
- See All best pizza in town
- Catholic Bayern
- See All photos around GAP - 10 -
MrBill's Related Pages
Garmisch-Partenkirchen Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Garmisch Partenkirchen"
- "Welcome to my Ga-P page!"
- "A Tale of Two Villages"
- "Garmish-Partenkirchen and the Zugspitze"
- "A Winter Visit to Garmisch-Partenkirchen"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Garmisch-Partenkirchen
- Hotels in Garmisch-Partenkirchen
- Transportation in Garmisch-Partenkirchen
- Nightlife in Garmisch-Partenkirchen
- Restaurants in Garmisch-Partenkirchen
- Shopping in Garmisch-Partenkirchen
- Warnings and Dangers in Garmisch-Partenkirchen
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Garmisch-Partenkirchen
- 41 Reviews
- 84 Photos
- 2 Forum posts
- 23 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (9)
Have you been to Garmisch-Partenkirchen?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Garmisch-Partenkirchen
Photos in Garmisch-PartenkirchenSee All Photos (84)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Moscow Intro, 94 reviews, 157 photos, 5 travelogues
- Nepal Intro, 27 reviews, 159 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Reunion Intro, 60 reviews, 103 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Lauterbrunnen Intro, 59 reviews, 103 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Garmisch-Partenkirchen Intro, 41 reviews, 84 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Limassol Intro, 23 reviews, 70 photos, 5 travelogues
- Beirut Intro, 15 reviews, 58 photos, 5 travelogues
- Cyprus Intro, 14 reviews, 57 photos, 5 travelogues
- Zürich Intro, 18 reviews, 53 photos, 4 travelogues
- Limassol District Intro, 10 reviews, 59 photos, 5 travelogues