"Budapest" Budapest by MrBill

Budapest Travel Guide: 7,715 reviews and 17,916 photos

Hungary

I studied at the University of Budapest in the IMM2001 MBA program in 2001-02. I have been there many times on business.

Parliment buildings on the Buda side of the Donau

Good friends

One of the nicest things about travelling is meeting people. It is so nice to be invited into their homes to meet their families, and to break bread and drink wine together.

On this particular ocassion, Kristine cooked enough food for a dozen guests, and we were only five, including the kids. Needless to say, I was embarassed not to be able to eat more than I did, but I am looking forward to going back!

• Pros:inexpensive, charming city, good restaurants
  • Cons:hustlers, pimps, prostitutes, scams
  • In a nutshell:watch your wallet and never accept an invite into a restaurant or bar by an attractive young girl
  • Last visit to Budapest: Oct 2002
  • Intro Updated Sep 28, 2007

• angelochka's Profile Photo
    Apr 6, 2007 at 6:47 AM

Great Budapest pictures Bill..so funny i was born there and after visited it just once..last week found photos from the trip, wanted to get them scanned and put on vt..better not:) was i blind this period of my life??:) more happy Easter wishes

• Bangkokjoe's Profile Photo
    Aug 17, 2005 at 1:53 AM

....prospect / refuge theory. "Landscape of Experience" Jay Appleton. Reckon you'd love it.

• nhcram's Profile Photo
    Aug 4, 2004 at 1:50 PM

One place I have always wanted to visit.......maybe one day. Lovely page. Thank you

• jjasmine's Profile Photo
    Jun 6, 2003 at 8:03 AM

I wish to visit here soon...

MrBill Visits Here Frequently!

MrBill

“would you think less of me if I didn't have a cheesey motto?”

Badges & Stats in Budapest

Have you been to Budapest?

Latest Activity in Budapest