"not much to write about, up to now" Top 5 Page for this destination Limassol by MrBill

Limassol Travel Guide: 249 reviews and 659 photos

I mean it's an island for gosh sakes

But, I am going to try my best to write some thoughts about living in Cyprus. I have taken lots of photos already. The change in seasons has been interesting. At the moment it is very green and lush, which is so different from how I have seen the island while I have been here since the beginning.

There is a lot of history in Cyprus. 8000 years of it. However, you have to know where to look. My first impressions were tacky and touristy with not much else to offer, but slowly my mind has changed. I still think the island is a little dull, and making friends here is very hard, but I have found more things to do and to see.

Give me another ten months and maybe I will even have enough helpful tips and inside information to make these pages interesting. In the meantime, I hope you get some use out of what I have written so far. But, for now these pages remain a project under construction, so keep checking back once in a while.

• Pros:water, beach, warm
  • Cons:tacky, touristy, expensive
  • In a nutshell:not much to write about, up to now
  • Last visit to Limassol: Oct 2006
  • Intro Updated Oct 23, 2006

• MariePisces's Profile Photo
    Jun 3, 2008 at 5:12 AM

Great page on limmasol!! It actually says bads as well as goods, so more informative!

• sourbugger's Profile Photo
    Feb 5, 2008 at 5:10 AM

these are terrific restaurant tips - great stuff

• SLLiew's Profile Photo
    Jan 16, 2008 at 9:41 AM

Useful tips for any first timers to Limassol. Cheers from Penang, SL :)

• Jun 19, 2007 at 11:50 AM

I have used Demetris for 18 years, 2/3 time a year and have had great service and never a b/down, he's flexible on price, a very handy guy to know, he got a flat for me to buy 8 years ago. So if you need anything from a car to trips to Egypt talk to him

• jungles's Profile Photo
    Jun 10, 2006 at 11:07 AM

Thanks for the helpful and very thorough tips. I'm looking forward to two weeks in Cyprus in July.

• May 14, 2006 at 6:14 AM

Thanks Bill, Have passed this restuarant for the past 20 years, will definately try it now!

• janetanne's Profile Photo
    Sep 28, 2005 at 12:18 AM

Easy to say about the litter..but how do you change the bad habits of an egotistic society? Greece is the same. I have the same pet peeves!

• Siddha3th's Profile Photo
    Aug 18, 2005 at 1:27 AM

Li-ma-ssol - even the name has a lazy ring to it :) Pretty good place to call home, Bill. Nice tips!

• Arkeolog's Profile Photo
    May 14, 2005 at 1:02 AM

I'VE ALWAYS LIKED CYPRUS. GRAT PAGE HERE...BORA

• arlequin_g's Profile Photo
    Mar 11, 2005 at 9:47 AM

Great place. Another place to add to my must visit destinations.

MrBill Works Here!

MrBill

“would you think less of me if I didn't have a cheesey motto?”

Badges & Stats in Limassol

Have you been to Limassol?

Latest Activity in Limassol