"New York Revisited" New York City by garridogal

New York City Travel Guide: 15,948 reviews and 32,179 photos

Long ago but not far away

I'm originally from New York. Living in Boston, it's easy to go down and visit. To me, going to NYC is always fun but it's more like falling back into the attitude you have there and just enjoying the unpredictability of the place! It's never dull.

UPDATE: Went back down to NYC in October 2015 for a mini-family reunion. More to come...

Your Own Thing

Although I did hit some touristy spots on my last trip, what I prefer to do in New York City is to walk around, check out the architecture, the people, and feel the vibe.

Unexpected Pleasures

It's always nice to encounter some beautiful public art, isn't it?

• Pros:New Yorkers are awesome
  • Cons:Sometimes too much of everything can be too much
  • In a nutshell:It always feel like going home....
  • Last visit to New York City: Oct 2015
  • Intro Updated Nov 19, 2015

• fachd's Profile Photo
    Mar 28, 2013 at 9:52 PM

America is on our future travel bucket list, New York, Washington, San francisco, deep south, Grand Canyon, Hawaii.

• rdney99's Profile Photo
    Aug 10, 2011 at 8:20 PM

Excellent and very helpful info, will be going to NYC for the first time next week, staying right in mid-town Manhattan, I love how charismatic and talkative every New Yorker I've ever met has been !

• BruceDunning's Profile Photo
    Aug 21, 2010 at 12:10 PM

We go to Manhatten in 6 weeks. Thanks for the great pictures and comments. I also liked Boston very much when I was there a while ago.

• Tourtech's Profile Photo
    Jul 26, 2008 at 6:27 AM

We enjoyed your NYC pages! I completely agree about Times Square. Been to the Frick and thought I was amazing. Safe travels from traveling Canadians!

• davesut's Profile Photo
    May 4, 2008 at 3:23 PM

Great tips, will check out more soon, greetings from Manchetster, UK

• Lhenne1's Profile Photo
    Apr 5, 2008 at 11:57 PM

I love your picture of Madame Tussaud's from the hotel window. That's a great shot :)

• spgood301's Profile Photo
    Jan 12, 2007 at 8:58 AM

Gotcha...the last cruise I heard of with animals included two of each kind ;-)

• shutterlust's Profile Photo
    Dec 29, 2006 at 3:59 PM

Thanks for the excellent restaurant/nightlife tips! I'll be sure to check out Flor de Mayo and Gotham Comedy Club :-) I like your writing style, it's fun & to the point. And I always appreciate suggestions from former New Yorkers! :-) Happy new year!

• Alex-Perth's Profile Photo
    Dec 11, 2006 at 8:53 PM

Hey There, had a giggle reading your traveling alone bit... I have always traveled alone and always meet wonderful people along the way... and I LOVED NYC... Next trip I'll stay longer...

• irishgalmtl's Profile Photo
    Nov 23, 2006 at 7:20 AM

Hiya Joann, Ooop Happy Thanksgiving to you & loved ones...Donna :)

garridogal Was Born Here!

garridogal

“Tourists don't know where they've been. Travelers don't know where they're going. - Paul Theroux”

Badges & Stats in New York City

Have you been to New York City?

Latest Activity in New York City