"Girlfriend don't play Softball...." Thompson Island by garridogal
Thompson Island Travel Guide: 3 reviews and 24 photos
Here's a portion of Thompson Island, which is one of the many in the Boston Harbor area. My department had an outing there and as a fairly new member, I really wanted to participate. But I don't play sports. Never have; never will. The thought of running around in the hot sun trying to throw a ball, hit it with a bat or any one of my body parts just does not appeal to me. Call me a lazy slob, but I just prefer to labled as a "girly girl".
So how'd I particpate withough playing a sport? I took pictures!
That Thompson Island is an Outward Bound trainining center? I'm sure your life will be better now that you know that.
Here's a shot of the campus. Looks thrilling, huh?
To give you an idea of how close this island is to Boston, here's a shot of Boston as seen from Thompson Island.
- Pros:A short boat ride from Boston
- Cons:More than a day trip would probably be boring...
- In a nutshell:A great get-away so close to the city!
The only way to get to Thompson Island is by boat. For our outing, we chartered our own little ferry boat. Trip took... more travel advice
garridogal's Related Pages
Thompson Island Travel Guide
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Thompson Island
- 5 Reviews
- 24 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (14)
Have you been to Thompson Island?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Thompson Island
Photos in Thompson IslandSee All Photos (24)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Boston Intro, 76 reviews, 201 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Leiden Intro, 46 reviews, 143 photos, 5 travelogues
- Madrid Intro, 29 reviews, 126 photos, 3 travelogues
- Paris Intro, 25 reviews, 109 photos, 3 travelogues
- Amsterdam Intro, 35 reviews, 95 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Caribbean and Central America Intro, 31 reviews, 95 photos, 2 travelogues
- Martha's Vineyard Intro, 23 reviews, 100 photos, 2 travelogues
- New York City Intro, 37 reviews, 84 photos, 2 travelogues
- Cologne Intro, 20 reviews, 71 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Greater London Intro, 25 reviews, 64 photos, 1 travelogue