"Boston in a Nutshell" Top 5 Page for this destination Boston by garridogal

Boston Travel Guide: 3,991 reviews and 8,919 photos

Welcome to Bawston
A slice 'o my life

I've lived in Boston for almost 30 years. I grew up in New York, spent a few years in Spain and then Pennsylvania. Hard to believe! When I first got here I missed my friends in PA a lot and had to adjust. Now, after years of highs and lows I'm like any other native who has a love/hate relationship with the place they live.

All in all, Boston's a great place to live and work. There's plenty to do with the feeling that you're not in a massive or extremely over-crowded city. Sure, the weather can make you crazy at times but it's great to live in a city full of liberal, intelligent and free-thinking individuals - with wicked pissah funny accents....

But you've got to love the hidden gems

This is one of my favorite spots in Boston. It's the courtyard of the Boston Public Librarry. I love taking folks there to see the artwork, architecture and the beautiful courtyard, which this is a picture of.

Visting Boston? Take a walk around this place. It's beautiful and.....it's free!

• Pros:Lots of interesting things to do
  • Cons:Too many students can make you feel old!
  • In a nutshell:It's home to me now!
  • Last visit to Boston: May 2016
  • Intro Updated May 10, 2016

• Nemorino's Profile Photo
    May 11, 2016 at 7:45 AM

I can't believe it's been thirty-five years since I last visited Boston. (That was in 1981 with our then-small children. I remember we took them to a children's museum that they loved.)

• EasyMalc's Profile Photo
    May 2, 2014 at 12:43 PM

I now know where to look for info if ever I come to Boston.

• ViajesdelMundo's Profile Photo
    Jul 27, 2012 at 7:48 PM

Estragon sounds enticing!! love the pic!!

• alza's Profile Photo
    Sep 18, 2011 at 9:39 AM

Love this Boston page! Must find my Paul's Bridge pic taken just before it came down for the Big Dig (nostalgia :)) Also loved Regina Pizza in North End & walking to it. MFA was spectacular, including the shop! Tks for Chihuly tip, luminous work! Always a pleasure to go to Boston (will see those gardens in South End one day.) Cheers!

• Andrew_W_K's Profile Photo
    Jan 16, 2011 at 1:37 AM

I don't read many VT tips these days but I'm glad I read yours. A light and very witty way of describing your city that brought a smile or two to my face. I think I'll steer clear of your family members though and visit the Haymarket instead.

• BruceDunning's Profile Photo
    Oct 12, 2010 at 2:29 PM

I got here 2 years ago the loved the sites. YOu did a nice job of describing them and the pictures equally good.

• Sematay's Profile Photo
    Mar 23, 2010 at 9:08 PM

I completely agree, and to top it off it reminds me of unpaid parking tickets.

• spgood301's Profile Photo
    Oct 1, 2009 at 12:18 PM

I'm doing fine, Joann...lots of work, not as much time for fun, but it's a living! You?

• Rixie's Profile Photo
    Dec 5, 2008 at 5:34 PM

Ah, I thought she looked like Juma -- she has that sweet Rhodesian Ridgeback face. I'm glad she's better.

• Nov 21, 2008 at 1:03 PM

Please, lease the concrete building to the Soviets - they at least do (or rather "did", between 1960-1990) it right.

garridogal Lives Here!

garridogal

“Tourists don't know where they've been. Travelers don't know where they're going. - Paul Theroux”

Badges & Stats in Boston