"Boston in a Nutshell" Top 5 Page for this destination Boston by garridogal

Boston Travel Guide: 3,800 reviews and 8,028 photos

Welcome to Bawston
A slice 'o my life

I've lived in Boston for over 20 years. I grew up in New York, spent a few years in Spain and then Pennsylvannia. Hard to believe! When I first got here I missed my friends in PA a lot and had to adjust. Now, after years of highs and lows I'm like any other native who has a love/hate relationship with the place they live.

All in all, Boston's a great place to live and work. There's plenty to do with the feeling that you're not in a massive or extremely over-crowded city. Sure, the weather can make you crazy at times but it's great to live in a city full of liberal, intelligent and free-thinking individuals - with wicked pissah funny accents....

But you've got to love the hidden gems

This is one of my favorite spots in Boston. It's the courtyard of the Boston Public Librarry. I love taking folks there to see the artwork, architecture and the beautiful courtyard, which this is a picture of.

Visting Boston? Take a walk around this place. It's beautiful and.....it's free!

• Pros:Lots of interesting things to do
  • Cons:Too many students can make you feel old!
  • In a nutshell:It's home to me now!
  • Intro Updated Sep 23, 2011

• ViajesdelMundo's Profile Photo
    Jul 27, 2012 at 7:48 PM

Estragon sounds enticing!! love the pic!!

• alza's Profile Photo
    Sep 18, 2011 at 9:39 AM

Love this Boston page! Must find my Paul's Bridge pic taken just before it came down for the Big Dig (nostalgia :)) Also loved Regina Pizza in North End & walking to it. MFA was spectacular, including the shop! Tks for Chihuly tip, luminous work! Always a pleasure to go to Boston (will see those gardens in South End one day.) Cheers!

• Andrew_W_K's Profile Photo
    Jan 16, 2011 at 1:37 AM

I don't read many VT tips these days but I'm glad I read yours. A light and very witty way of describing your city that brought a smile or two to my face. I think I'll steer clear of your family members though and visit the Haymarket instead.

• BruceDunning's Profile Photo
    Oct 12, 2010 at 2:29 PM

I got here 2 years ago the loved the sites. YOu did a nice job of describing them and the pictures equally good.

• Sematay's Profile Photo
    Mar 23, 2010 at 9:08 PM

I completely agree, and to top it off it reminds me of unpaid parking tickets.

• spgood301's Profile Photo
    Oct 1, 2009 at 12:18 PM

I'm doing fine, Joann...lots of work, not as much time for fun, but it's a living! You?

• Rixie's Profile Photo
    Dec 5, 2008 at 5:34 PM

Ah, I thought she looked like Juma -- she has that sweet Rhodesian Ridgeback face. I'm glad she's better.

• Nov 21, 2008 at 1:03 PM

Please, lease the concrete building to the Soviets - they at least do (or rather "did", between 1960-1990) it right.

• crazyasacoolfox's Profile Photo
    Nov 15, 2008 at 9:33 AM

Take a few moments to look at the building a bit more carefully both inside and out. You will see more more there than your simple overview. BTW it looks lop sided because of the camera lens quality and angle that u snapped the photo. :)

• aussirose's Profile Photo
    Sep 20, 2008 at 4:50 PM

I enjoyed a rummage around your home town Joann :o) Enjoyed the champs waitress story lol. And Hahwahya....that's what we say downunder :o) .....Or more like howthabloddyellahya. Cheers, Ann.

garridogal Lives Here!

garridogal

“Tourists don't know where they've been. Travelers don't know where they're going. - Paul Theroux”

Badges & Stats in Boston