"A MUCH needed break in the Sun" Top 5 Page for this destination Fort Lauderdale by garridogal

Fort Lauderdale Travel Guide: 662 reviews and 1,395 photos

Escaping the brutality of Winter...

It was mid-March, there was snow on the ground and people were still running around Boston bundled up like Eskimos. Did I jump on the opportunity to go to Ft. Lauderdale and spend a few days in the Sun? You betcha....

Just in case...

I forgot why I headed down South, I decided to snap a picture of snowy New England on my way out.

The Importance of Blending in....

I guess I just know how to pack. Or, why else would I've brought down this shirt that went so well with the bathroom walls of the condo we stayed in?

• Pros:Sunshine, Palm Trees and Heat!
  • Cons:Well....it IS a Red State!
  • In a nutshell:A welcomed get-away
  • Last visit to Fort Lauderdale: Mar 2005
  • Intro Updated Feb 4, 2006

• PinkFloydActuary's Profile Photo
    Sep 24, 2011 at 9:30 PM

Thanks for stopping by my Boston page. Ft. Lauderdale is my upcoming destination...thanks for the tips!

• balhannah's Profile Photo
    Dec 3, 2009 at 1:34 AM

Have wondered what Fort Lauderdale looks like, I see a lot of Cruises depart from here. Looks ok, like your canal photo!

• Fullmoonfever's Profile Photo
    Mar 19, 2007 at 8:47 PM

Right now I'm living in Palm Beach Gardens Florida. Thats about 50 miles north of Ft Lauderdale.

• spgood301's Profile Photo
    Dec 21, 2006 at 6:30 AM

Paris is always good for a visit, though I don't think the place has changed a whole lot since you last visited =)

• moiraistyx's Profile Photo
    Nov 3, 2006 at 6:50 PM

I loved my trip to Ft. Lauderdale, to bad I can't remember the names of any of the clubs or restaurants I went to.

• Barbie2138's Profile Photo
    May 20, 2006 at 7:50 AM

Joann You need a "NATIVE" (me) to show you the "real" Lauderdale some time....On to Bootleggers Drafthouse and Bulldog's Tatoo Parlor! Hey Yaaaaaaaaaaaaa!

• Wild_Orchid's Profile Photo
    Oct 19, 2005 at 5:56 PM

cheese and chocolate, sand beneath your feet! who could ask for more? :)

• shirez's Profile Photo
    Oct 5, 2005 at 7:33 AM

oh lala, enjoy sun, sea and sand:-)))

• Sep 22, 2005 at 9:51 AM

Now that is funny!

• Cruefan's Profile Photo
    Jun 4, 2005 at 7:50 AM

unfortunatly 15 years ago I would of been one of those guys in the Vanther.. Ahh those days of youth.

garridogal

“Tourists don't know where they've been. Travelers don't know where they're going. - Paul Theroux”

Badges & Stats in Fort Lauderdale

Have you been to Fort Lauderdale?

Latest Activity in Fort Lauderdale