Amsterdam Hotel Tips by garridogal
Amsterdam Hotels: 81,480 reviews and 1,138 photos
View from my room.
After fleeing the Quentin England, I walked a few doors down and got a lovely, larger room for the same price, on the first flight up, with a larger bathroom AND a window with a lovely view. It was painted retro-blue with mismatched floral patterns and posters of gerber daisies on the wall so I felt right at home! The staff was friendly, the breakfast was abundant and it's in a quiet and safe neighborhood. I recommend this hotel for those traveling on a buget or alone.
Unique Qualities: Quaint and cosy. Clean and fairly comfortable. the bed could have more pillows and blanketing as I like but that's life in a budget hotel, right?
UPDATE 1/2010 - When I stayed here in 2003 it was a 2 star hotel called Hotel Roemer Visscher. it's since been made over into what looks like a more upscale boutique hotel. So that basically makes my tip null.
However, the location still can't be beat!
Address: Roemer Visscherstraat 10
Comparison: about average
Directions: Museum Area, near Leidseplein. Walking distance from everywhere.
Phone: 31 020 612 55 11
I booked a single room with my own bathroom at this hotel. Not only was it on the 4th floor, after a final and STEEP flight of stairs but the room was slighly larger than my cubicle at work with NO WINDOWS. It had a small skylight that I could open and close with a pole, but that's it. And it only had one picture on it's drab cream colored walls. I felt as if I was in a jail cell. The sun would come shining in on my face at the crack of dawn. The bathroom was so small that my body was constantly in contact with either the curtain or the shower fixtures. I could NOT sleep in here.
Also, most of the staff was rude and I spotted a mousetrap in the breakfast room. Yuck.
Unique Qualities: You could hear all your neighbors. No peace at night.
I've just added this picture. Sure it looks nice from the outside but always remember that looks can be deceiving.
Address: Museum Quarter, Amsterdam - near Leidesesplein
Comparison: about average
Directions: Roemer Visscherstraat 30
More Reviews (33)
- See All Isn't this the cutest building?
- The Pharmacist is in
- See All I guess you could say we had fun in here
- See All Pre Dinner Drinks
- See All Ah... the joy of Flowers!
garridogal's Related Pages
Amsterdam Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "MY BIRTHPLACE"
- "Amsterdam - I love it!"
- "God made the Dutch, but the Dutch made Holland"
- "Amsterdam, is it real?"
- "Amsterdam, where the Dutch money is spend"
- "Amsterdam! The most liberal city in the World"
- "dila's new Amsterdam Page"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Amsterdam
- Hotels in Amsterdam
- Transportation in Amsterdam
- Nightlife in Amsterdam
- Restaurants in Amsterdam
- Shopping in Amsterdam
- Warnings and Dangers in Amsterdam
- See All...
Explore the World
- Scottish Inn And Suites Humble (14835 Eastex Freeway.)
- The Abbey Hotel Romsey
- Southern California Beach Club Resort Condos
- Flagstaff City Inn
- Fountain City Motor Inn
- Premier Inn Edinburgh City Centre (Lauriston Place)
- Dude And Roundup Motel
- Hotel Celtic
- Omni Richmond Hotel
- Howard Johnson Express Bakersfield
- Doubletree Hotel Richmond Downtown
- Castillo del Mar
- One to One Hotel - The Village
- Castillo De Antigua & Suites
Badges & Stats in Amsterdam
- 35 Reviews
- 95 Photos
- 13 Forum posts
- 54 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (14)
Have you been to Amsterdam?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Amsterdam
- Posted in Technical Help Forum ""
- Commented on one of dustmon's Amsterdam travel pages
- updated a Amsterdam Travelogue "An afternoon on the Leidseplein - Sept '06"
- Uploaded a Photo to "An afternoon on the Leidseplein - Sept '06"
- Wrote a Review Isn't this the cutest building? about Architecture in Amsterdam Favorites
Photos in AmsterdamSee All Photos (95)
Read real reviews about Amsterdam Hotels!
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Boston Intro, 76 reviews, 201 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Leiden Intro, 46 reviews, 143 photos, 5 travelogues
- Madrid Intro, 29 reviews, 126 photos, 3 travelogues
- Paris Intro, 25 reviews, 109 photos, 3 travelogues
- Amsterdam Intro, 35 reviews, 95 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Caribbean and Central America Intro, 31 reviews, 95 photos, 2 travelogues
- Martha's Vineyard Intro, 23 reviews, 100 photos, 2 travelogues
- New York City Intro, 37 reviews, 84 photos, 2 travelogues
- Cologne Intro, 20 reviews, 71 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Greater London Intro, 25 reviews, 64 photos, 1 travelogue
Latest Amsterdam hotel reviews
- Dam Hotel
- 58 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 17, 2013
- Hotel Iris
- 28 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 15, 2013
- Jupiter Hotel
- 84 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Jun 3, 2013
- 149 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Jun 5, 2013
- Hotel Atlas
- 76 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Jun 11, 2013
- Hotel De Mallemoolen Amsterdam
- 46 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Jun 12, 2013
- The Shelter City
- 68 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Jun 16, 2013
- Hotel La Boheme Amsterdam
- 339 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Jun 5, 2013
- Belga Hotel
- 77 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Mar 12, 2013
- Hotel Singel
- 333 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Jun 17, 2013
- 104 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 31, 2013
- Campanile Amsterdam
- 41 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 22, 2013
- Frans Halshuis
- 10 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Apr 30, 2013
- Paganini Hotel Amsterdam
- 59 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 27, 2013
- Red Light District - De Wallen- 127 Reviews, 151 Photos
- Anne Frank House- 230 Reviews, 238 Photos
- Canal Boat Tours- 177 Reviews, 288 Photos
- Rijksmuseum- 208 Reviews, 342 Photos
- Sex Museum- 45 Reviews, 58 Photos
- Heineken Brewery- 98 Reviews, 139 Photos
- Dam Square- 89 Reviews, 162 Photos
- Coffee Shops- 123 Reviews, 132 Photos
- Flower Market - Bloemenmarkt- 65 Reviews, 101 Photos
- Van Gogh Museum- 158 Reviews, 170 Photos
See All Amsterdam Things to Do