"I Love Leiden" Top 5 Page for this destination Leiden by garridogal
Leiden Travel Guide: 625 reviews and 1,436 photos
I consider myself lucky to have 2 very good friends who live in Leiden. I met Brian and Jeroen in 2002 at my college roommate's wedding. Bonnie married Brian's brother and since he was in the wedding party, I was seated with his partner, Jeroen. I also got to meet the boys a couple of nights before the wedding, at the rehearsal dinner and since I was there alone, got to ride in the Bridal van with them.
I kept up my friendship with them and when I first visited Amsterdam they met up with me for a couple of nights on the town. When Bonnie and Keith visited the boys for a trip to Leiden, Epernay and Brussels, I was invited along. This was when I was first enchanted by Leiden - even though it was enveloped in fog for most of our time there.
Since then I've been back twice. Most notably, for a week in September '06 when the boys got married. The weather was amazing and the ceremony and festivities even better. I cemented my love for this city on that trip and felt really sad when it came time to leave.
When my friend and I decided to visit Germany in March '07, we were invited to stay with Brian and Jeroen for a couple of nights. I was ecstatic to be back in Leiden and it showed in that I'm almost as good as the boys are at finding my way around it! (Okay, well maybe not *that* good....!)
The photos on this page are from the September '06 trip.
There wasn't a single day during the week when the sun didn't come for at least a portion of the day with the actual wedding day having the best weather by far.
Great planning boys!
In keeping with my tradition of never missing a good photo op, here's my submissission for the "Supermodel Diet" contest.
We found this guy at the Pieterskerk during the wedding reception and here's to Bonnie for coming up with this idea. Everyone should have a "Pose with the Dead" photo station at their wedding. Don't you agree?
- Pros:A beautiful small jewel of a city
- Cons:You will hear students if your hotel is next to a student union!
- In a nutshell:Love Leiden!
The Leiden Central train station is very centrally located. (Maybe that explains the name...) Arriving there, you're... more travel advice
We stopped here for some food before getting on the train to Germany. It was on the way, looked cute and it was open!... more travel advice
garridogal's Related Pages
Leiden Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Rembrandt, Boerhaave, Pelgrim Fathers, University"
- "Leiden, where Rembrandt was born in 1606"
- "I Love Leiden"
- "Leiden a city with a history"
- "A Rainy Morning Wander"
- "The key to ..."
- See All...
- Things to Do in Leiden
- Hotels in Leiden
- Transportation in Leiden
- Nightlife in Leiden
- Restaurants in Leiden
- Shopping in Leiden
- Warnings and Dangers in Leiden
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Leiden
- 46 Reviews
- 143 Photos
- 2 Forum posts
- 20 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (38)
Have you been to Leiden?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Leiden
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Boston Intro, 82 reviews, 230 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Leiden Intro, 46 reviews, 143 photos, 5 travelogues
- New York City Intro, 47 reviews, 122 photos, 2 travelogues
- Madrid Intro, 29 reviews, 126 photos, 3 travelogues
- Brewster Intro, 23 reviews, 129 photos, 4 travelogues
- Paris Intro, 25 reviews, 109 photos, 3 travelogues
- Amsterdam Intro, 35 reviews, 95 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Caribbean and Central America Intro, 31 reviews, 95 photos, 2 travelogues
- Martha's Vineyard Intro, 23 reviews, 100 photos, 2 travelogues
- San Diego Intro, 20 reviews, 87 photos, 2 travelogues