"Cruise Update: Celebrity Summit Southern Caribbean" Top 5 Page for this destination Caribbean and Central America by garridogal

Caribbean and Central America Travel Guide: 42,735 reviews and 105,030 photos

Moving Up in the Cruising World

My previous cruising experience was on Carnival's cheapeast voyage. Basically, I got what I paid for and not a dime more. Especially if you consider that some of thier food was impossible to keep down. Although not horrific, it didn't leave me with a strong desire to try another cruise.

When I was invited to a wedding aboard the Celebrity Summit, I decided that I would give it another chance. I'd heard good things about Celebrity and I love destination weddings.

Our cruise started in San Juan, Puerto Rico. Ports visited were Barbados, Saint Lucia, Antigua, St. Martin/Sint Maarten, and last but not least, St. Thomas.

Details, darling...

I'm SO very glad I did take this cruise! The difference in every little thing was like day and night. Our room was in a better level so the amenities were fabulous. However, the atttitude and attention that was paid to us throughout the ship, just excelled. We were always made to feel that we were special. And who doesn't want that while away from home and work?

And Away We Went!

The ship was beautiful too. None of the decor was frightening (What a novel change!) and I was actually impressed by Celebrity's collection of artwork!

Boarding and leaving the ship was smooth and pleasant and at no time did I feel like we were cattle getting herded!

I'm now looking forward to cruising again, sometime!

• Last visit to Caribbean and Central America: Nov 2011
  • Intro Updated Mar 12, 2012

• VeronicaG's Profile Photo
    May 18, 2007 at 11:54 AM

You are so nutty, Joann! You must have people laughing all of the time...it really sounds like you made the most of your cruise. Your pics are cute! We'll be headed to the W. Caribbean in a couple of weeks. Hooray!

• scottishvisitor's Profile Photo
    Apr 2, 2007 at 1:36 PM

What a fun page this is = smelling like a pina colada & the bar tab had tears of laughter rolling down my face = thanks for the booze cruise!!

• spgood301's Profile Photo
    Jul 8, 2006 at 8:17 AM

Agreed...now I just have to find my poolside ;-)

• Luchonda's Profile Photo
    Mar 25, 2006 at 10:55 PM

Must be great to visit the Carribean area on a floating hotel !

• starship's Profile Photo
    Jul 6, 2005 at 8:51 AM

We were on the Sensation in 2001 & had a great time!! It's obvious that you had a great time too! Good shopping ports included! Thanks for visiting my Cape May page--I love it there!

• Cruefan's Profile Photo
    Jun 15, 2005 at 5:38 PM

Great pics and tips. I really should do the cruise thing because I've only heard good things about them.

• CandS's Profile Photo
    Sep 23, 2004 at 4:40 PM

Great page!! Hehe, the photos sound like fun!!!! :)

• MissyWQ's Profile Photo
    Sep 6, 2004 at 5:03 AM

Wow, what a way to travel. I've never been on a cruise. Read my Virgin Island page, please.

• RoyJava's Profile Photo
    Aug 5, 2004 at 2:29 PM

My voyage to Holland out of Indonesia was by ship and I never forget that experience ... for that a cruise sounds like hot music ... Thanks for sharing, greetzzz RoyJava

• mazzap's Profile Photo
    Jul 25, 2004 at 3:53 PM

Your tips are great fun to read - and useful with it! Keep the curls coming - us girls with curls have to stick together!!

garridogal

“Tourists don't know where they've been. Travelers don't know where they're going. - Paul Theroux”

Badges & Stats in Caribbean and Central America

• 8 Countries

Have you been to Caribbean and Central America?

Videos in Caribbean and Central America