"The Rainbow at the End of the Harrowing Road" Covadonga by garridogal
Covadonga Travel Guide: 10 reviews and 73 photos
We trekked up a mountain road, in Los Picos de Europa, to see a lake. It was a pretty scary road which although not as bad, reminded me of truly frightening ones in the Andes that I was on as a child, on visits to Colombia. On top of that a storm, complete with driving rain and horrific winds, hit. I tried to laugh my fear off by cracking bad jokes but my emotions got the better of me. While I wasn't sobbing or even crying in any traditional manner, the tears I produced weren't from laughing too hard...
When we came back down, the storm started passing through. As we approached the cathedral of Covadonga we noticed that it was surrounded by a double rainbow. It was simply gorgeous.
So, was it worth it? I'd say "yes."
We stopped briefly by one of the mountain lakes but the wind and rain were pretty wild. We had to do what we had to to!
- Pros:Gorgeous cathedral nestled in spectacular mountains
- Cons:Mountain highways make me plotz!
- In a nutshell:See it if you dare....!
We decided to drive into los picos to see a couple of lakes. Seemingly out of nowhere a storm struck. Between the storm... more travel advice
garridogal's Related Pages
Covadonga Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Covadonga is a sacral place"
- "The Rainbow at the End of the Harrowing Road"
- "COVADONGA AND PUENTE REPELAO"
- "Amazing landscapes and Catholic site"
- "The Holy Cave of Covadonga"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Covadonga
- Transportation in Covadonga
- Warnings and Dangers in Covadonga
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Covadonga
- 3 Reviews
- 22 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (14)
Have you been to Covadonga?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Covadonga
Photos in CovadongaSee All Photos (22)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Boston Intro, 78 reviews, 211 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Leiden Intro, 46 reviews, 143 photos, 5 travelogues
- Madrid Intro, 29 reviews, 126 photos, 3 travelogues
- Paris Intro, 25 reviews, 109 photos, 3 travelogues
- Amsterdam Intro, 35 reviews, 95 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Caribbean and Central America Intro, 31 reviews, 95 photos, 2 travelogues
- Martha's Vineyard Intro, 23 reviews, 100 photos, 2 travelogues
- New York City Intro, 37 reviews, 84 photos, 2 travelogues
- San Diego Intro, 20 reviews, 87 photos, 2 travelogues
- Brookline Intro, 25 reviews, 76 photos, 3 travelogues