"Champagne!" Top 5 Page for this destination Épernay by garridogal

Épernay Travel Guide: 35 reviews and 131 photos

Travel in style or pretend to

Epernay was the first travel stop of the "Fog and Food" tour where, of course, the fog followed us! After arriving from Leiden the first stop was Moet & Chandon. Because when in Champagne...

Normally, I'm not crazy about Champagne. But I must say that the Moet is a VERY tasty treat! And also, the one item I retained from my tour is that for export to America, a considerable amount of sugar is added. So that must be it. It's much better without all the extra sugar!

Epernay is a sweet little city and a nice place to stay for a couple of days. We stayed at La Briqueterie where I learned to play Canasta, ate some great food and of course, washed it down with wine and Champagne!

While in Epernay we took a day trip to Reims

Got Dom?

As we toured the seemingly endless cellar, I wondered if anyone has ever tried to just swipe one as he went along....

Just a thought.

And be sure to sample!

Tour choices include: The tour alone. (Boring!). One Sample. (Tightwad!). Two Samples. (Scared?). Three Samples. (Now, we're talking!)

We went for the 3 Sample Tour.

• Pros:Tasty Bubbly!
  • Cons:Too many McDonalds!
  • In a nutshell:That IS a tasty Champagne!
  • Last visit to Épernay: Nov 2004
  • Intro Updated Jul 27, 2011

garridogal

“Tourists don't know where they've been. Travelers don't know where they're going. - Paul Theroux”

Badges & Stats in Épernay

Have you been to Épernay?

Latest Activity in Épernay