"Champagne!" Top 5 Page for this destination Épernay by garridogal
Épernay Travel Guide: 35 reviews and 131 photos
Epernay was the first travel stop of the "Fog and Food" tour where, of course, the fog followed us! After arriving from Leiden the first stop was Moet & Chandon. Because when in Champagne...
Normally, I'm not crazy about Champagne. But I must say that the Moet is a VERY tasty treat! And also, the one item I retained from my tour is that for export to America, a considerable amount of sugar is added. So that must be it. It's much better without all the extra sugar!
Epernay is a sweet little city and a nice place to stay for a couple of days. We stayed at La Briqueterie where I learned to play Canasta, ate some great food and of course, washed it down with wine and Champagne!
While in Epernay we took a day trip to Reims
As we toured the seemingly endless cellar, I wondered if anyone has ever tried to just swipe one as he went along....
Just a thought.
Tour choices include: The tour alone. (Boring!). One Sample. (Tightwad!). Two Samples. (Scared?). Three Samples. (Now, we're talking!)
We went for the 3 Sample Tour.
- Pros:Tasty Bubbly!
- Cons:Too many McDonalds!
- In a nutshell:That IS a tasty Champagne!
We enjoyed the special Gourmet Dinner at La Briqueterie. Many courses, lots of good wine, a gigantic cheese tray and a... more travel advice
garridogal's Related Pages
Épernay Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Epernay, capitol of the Champagne"
- "The Heart of the Champagne Region"
- "Small cosy town in Champagne region"
- "Eperney = CHAMPAGNE!!!!"
- "At the famous Avenue de Champagne"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Épernay
- Hotels in Épernay
- Transportation in Épernay
- Restaurants in Épernay
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Épernay
- 7 Reviews
- 20 Photos
- 1 Forum posts
- 6 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (14)
Have you been to Épernay?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Épernay
Photos in ÉpernaySee All Photos (20)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Boston Intro, 78 reviews, 211 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Leiden Intro, 46 reviews, 143 photos, 5 travelogues
- Madrid Intro, 29 reviews, 126 photos, 3 travelogues
- Paris Intro, 25 reviews, 109 photos, 3 travelogues
- Amsterdam Intro, 35 reviews, 95 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Caribbean and Central America Intro, 31 reviews, 95 photos, 2 travelogues
- Martha's Vineyard Intro, 23 reviews, 100 photos, 2 travelogues
- New York City Intro, 37 reviews, 84 photos, 2 travelogues
- San Diego Intro, 20 reviews, 87 photos, 2 travelogues
- Brookline Intro, 25 reviews, 76 photos, 3 travelogues