"Next time, I'll hit the beach..." Top 5 Page for this destination Bridgetown by garridogal

Bridgetown Travel Guide: 53 reviews and 164 photos

Barbados was the first stop on our Celebrity Summit cruise. While most of our group went to the beach, me and my two friends decided to check out Bridgetown. Not to sound harsh but I don't think it has anything to offer tourists. Sure, there are places to shop but the streets they're on aren't very pleasant to look at. Plus, it's the same stuff you can buy at other cruise stops. Plus, we were constantly being asked if we'd like a taxi or to take a tour of the island. The entirety of our cab ride back to the ship was a hard sell to take a tour. I might have been interested if our driver wasn't so annoying about it.

I wish we'd gone to the beach which I heard was absolutely beautiful.

Yeah, the streets of Bridgetown were a bit on the hectic side. But they served to help us appreciate the comfort of the cruise ship - not to mention that we took advantage of reduced spa services while the ship was docked! : ]

• Last visit to Bridgetown: Nov 2011
  • Intro Updated Aug 22, 2014

• blueskyjohn's Profile Photo
    Apr 23, 2014 at 8:37 AM

Thanks for the mini tour of Bridgetown! That is a very good warning about those gutters.

• Nemorino's Profile Photo
    Dec 18, 2011 at 9:47 AM

The Museum of the Parliament sounds really interesting. But other than that . . . I hope lots of people will take your advice and go to the beach instead.

garridogal

“Tourists don't know where they've been. Travelers don't know where they're going. - Paul Theroux”

Badges & Stats in Bridgetown

Have you been to Bridgetown?

Latest Activity in Bridgetown