"Paris, I've finally returned!" Paris by garridogal
Paris Travel Guide: 22,707 reviews and 56,112 photos
My sister got married in Madrid in 1981. The day after the ceremony, my cousin and I took off on a train to spend three days in Paris before spending a week at her place in Barcelona while she and her husband went on their honeymoon.
My memory of that trip is two crazy girls having fun and a lot of laughs. We went to the top of Eiffel, saw the Jeu de Paume and went dancing at an "Anti Disco" in the Latin Quarter.
I knew that Paris had so much more to offer and told myself that I would someday return. Okay, so it took 28 years...
When a good friend told me that she'd be spending a month studying in this fabulous city I took it as a sign and heeded its call! It would also be a wonderful opportunity to spend more time with her than I had since she moved to Florida years ago. I started tracking airfares and when I found a good deal on Iceland Air I booked it.
This time around I saw all the sites that, since 1981, I've come to realize are of importance to me. The spent a lot of time with Michelle and my wonderful friends from Holland who came down for the weekend. However, I also spent some time exploring on my own.
However, Paris in June.... you're never really alone!
Okay, I'll admit it: I'm one of the handful of people who will admit to loving Sophia Coppola's "Marie Antoinette". Part of the appeal is that it was filmed at Versailles. After repeated viewings of this movie I had dreamed of visiting this amazing palace.
I'm happy to report that I got to see it as well.
- Pros:Beauty everywhere you look
- Cons:Tourists everywhere you look! (At least in June...)
- In a nutshell:Once again, I want to return!
All over Paris there are cafes and restaurants with outdoor tables which always seem to be busy. I guess Parisiens never... more travel advice
On my first day in Paris I happened upon this street while wandering. It looked so inviting so I just had to turn and... more travel advice
garridogal's Related Pages
Paris Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "My Paris: not only operas and bicycles . . ."
- "Perambulations in Paris!"
- "London is a riddle. Paris is an explanation."
- "PARIS POUR LA CULTURE!"
- "Paris - Over 40 years of love and hate."
- "The charm of Paris stays in its History"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Paris
- Hotels in Paris
- Transportation in Paris
- Nightlife in Paris
- Restaurants in Paris
- Shopping in Paris
- Warnings and Dangers in Paris
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Paris
- 25 Reviews
- 104 Photos
- 4 Forum posts
- 11 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (38)
Have you been to Paris?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Paris
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Boston Intro, 82 reviews, 230 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Leiden Intro, 46 reviews, 143 photos, 5 travelogues
- New York City Intro, 47 reviews, 122 photos, 2 travelogues
- Madrid Intro, 29 reviews, 126 photos, 3 travelogues
- Brewster Intro, 23 reviews, 129 photos, 4 travelogues
- Paris Intro, 25 reviews, 109 photos, 3 travelogues
- Amsterdam Intro, 35 reviews, 95 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Caribbean and Central America Intro, 31 reviews, 95 photos, 2 travelogues
- Martha's Vineyard Intro, 23 reviews, 100 photos, 2 travelogues
- San Diego Intro, 20 reviews, 87 photos, 2 travelogues