"When in Wolfsburg..." Wolfsburg by garridogal
Wolfsburg Travel Guide: 57 reviews and 211 photos
Although I'll bet there are other attractions, I can't imagine why else anyone would go to Wolfsburg other than to visit The Autostadt. To summarize, it's the Volkswagon plant/world headquarters/theme park. It's kind of like a world's fair for cars.
The place is huge and filled with fun, funky and uber-modern bridges, walkways and buildings. Highlights being the rotatating Rosemary plant bridge, the doorway that looks like a car's hatchback and tram tour through the actual plants.
It's a car lover's dream....
Neither of us own a car. I don't really know all that much about them except that I do know how to drive one - as long as it's automatic - and really do like driving.... But I live in the city and am a slave to public transportation so I've never really had the yearning to learn a lot about them.
So I guess then you may be wondering WHY we went? Well....our gracious hostess in Hannover who loves architecture thought we'd enjoy it! And well....we did! It's fun to see and do new things and the company could not be beat!
- Pros:Great architecture and lots of fun for the car enthusiasts
- Cons:We are not all car enthusiasts....
- In a nutshell:Now I can say I've been there
garridogal's Related Pages
Wolfsburg Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Autostadt Wolfsburg"
- "VWs and odd sights"
- "Wolfsburg, home of VW"
- "Autostadt - Volkswagen City"
- "Volkswagen HQ at Wolfsburg"
- "Knoto's new Wolfsburg Page"
- "Wolfsburg = VW ???"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Wolfsburg
- Hotels in Wolfsburg
- Transportation in Wolfsburg
- Restaurants in Wolfsburg
- Shopping in Wolfsburg
- Warnings and Dangers in Wolfsburg
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Wolfsburg
- 1 Reviews
- 12 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (14)
Have you been to Wolfsburg?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Wolfsburg
Photos in WolfsburgSee All Photos (12)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Boston Intro, 78 reviews, 211 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Leiden Intro, 46 reviews, 143 photos, 5 travelogues
- Madrid Intro, 29 reviews, 126 photos, 3 travelogues
- Paris Intro, 25 reviews, 109 photos, 3 travelogues
- Amsterdam Intro, 35 reviews, 95 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Caribbean and Central America Intro, 31 reviews, 95 photos, 2 travelogues
- Martha's Vineyard Intro, 23 reviews, 100 photos, 2 travelogues
- New York City Intro, 37 reviews, 84 photos, 2 travelogues
- San Diego Intro, 20 reviews, 87 photos, 2 travelogues
- Brookline Intro, 25 reviews, 76 photos, 3 travelogues