"When in Wolfsburg..." Wolfsburg by garridogal

Wolfsburg Travel Guide: 57 reviews and 211 photos

You go to the Autostadt!

Although I'll bet there are other attractions, I can't imagine why else anyone would go to Wolfsburg other than to visit The Autostadt. To summarize, it's the Volkswagon plant/world headquarters/theme park. It's kind of like a world's fair for cars.

Architecturally speaking, it's lovely

The place is huge and filled with fun, funky and uber-modern bridges, walkways and buildings. Highlights being the rotatating Rosemary plant bridge, the doorway that looks like a car's hatchback and tram tour through the actual plants.

It's a car lover's dream....

Confession time

Neither of us own a car. I don't really know all that much about them except that I do know how to drive one - as long as it's automatic - and really do like driving.... But I live in the city and am a slave to public transportation so I've never really had the yearning to learn a lot about them.

So I guess then you may be wondering WHY we went? Well....our gracious hostess in Hannover who loves architecture thought we'd enjoy it! And well....we did! It's fun to see and do new things and the company could not be beat!

• Pros:Great architecture and lots of fun for the car enthusiasts
  • Cons:We are not all car enthusiasts....
  • In a nutshell:Now I can say I've been there
  • Last visit to Wolfsburg: Mar 2007
  • Intro Updated Apr 6, 2007

• Nemorino's Profile Photo
    May 21, 2011 at 4:32 PM

By coincidence I am not a car enthusiast either, but I had to go to Wolfsburg on business once. (Went by train, of course.) My presentation there was a big success, so that reconciled me with the town.

• Apr 6, 2007 at 8:51 AM

ACCCCHHHHH Gut.

garridogal

“Tourists don't know where they've been. Travelers don't know where they're going. - Paul Theroux”

Badges & Stats in Wolfsburg

Have you been to Wolfsburg?

Photos in Wolfsburg