"London, I love the place" Top 5 Page for this destination Greater London by garridogal

Greater London Travel Guide: 25,159 reviews and 54,420 photos

Some memories....

I've taken 2 trips to London in my life. My first was while I was in college, in 1985, during a Holiday visit to my family who was living in Madrid at the time. I was young and mainly interested in partying with my friend and her family who were living there at the time, so we didn't really see that many sights. Plus, we were poor College Students so our funds were limited.

My second and last trip there was in 2000. I spent 10 days in this great city. I saw a lot of sights, hit a lot of pubs and really enjoyed myself.
I've finally gotten a scanner and am going to rebuild this page by adding or substituting my "borrowed" photos with the real thing.... mine!

Tudor beauty

London is a huge world-class city. However, it isn't hard to find classically British architecture in its busy center. I love Tudor architecture and the Liberty store on Regent street is beautiful example of it.

Finding the color

And just in case you think that this city lacks color... I offer this evidence to the contrary!

• Pros:A bustling International City on the cutting edge of everything
  • Cons:Ten days was not long enough!
  • In a nutshell:I love London
  • Last visit to Greater London: Mar 2000
  • Intro Updated May 3, 2010

• Andrew_W_K's Profile Photo
    Jan 16, 2011 at 1:43 AM

I've been to Harrods loads of times and never knew about the Egyptian escalator.

• BruceDunning's Profile Photo
    Apr 7, 2010 at 2:03 PM

They really do have a lot of sites packed into this city and all nice to enjoy. Good job of discussing this.

• rexvaughan's Profile Photo
    Sep 5, 2007 at 8:26 AM

Thanks, Joann. I will be sure to avoid the Trocadero and just enjoy the pubs.

• gilabrand's Profile Photo
    Feb 12, 2007 at 12:00 AM

I liked your comment about the British Museum. LOL

• barryg23's Profile Photo
    Nov 9, 2006 at 11:50 AM

Great London page. I've been living here over 3 years now and still haven't seen some of the place you mention!

• iwys's Profile Photo
    Oct 12, 2006 at 3:41 PM

Yes, that is a wonderful shot of the London Eye. One of the last things my father did before he died, was ride on that.

• supercarys's Profile Photo
    Jul 10, 2006 at 4:43 AM

That's a beautiful picture of the London Eye.

• RickinDutch's Profile Photo
    Jan 19, 2006 at 9:23 AM

Nice job on one of my favorite cities (haven't been to Boston). Thanks for the visit!

• munki's Profile Photo
    Sep 3, 2005 at 3:41 PM

Interesting page of london!! I like your Leeds castle picture. Thanks for visiting my HP.

• thecatsmeow's Profile Photo
    Sep 3, 2005 at 10:38 AM

Good tips! I definately plan on trying the pub grub. 3 weeks and counting!!! Joyce

garridogal

“Tourists don't know where they've been. Travelers don't know where they're going. - Paul Theroux”

Badges & Stats in Greater London

Have you been to Greater London?

Latest Activity in Greater London