"Hit the road!" garridogal's Profile

Beachy Weekends

This past year I've been able to spend a good amount of time in Brewster (That's in Cape Cod for you non-locals.) Here are pages for Brewster , Provincetown and Dennis pages.

Speaking of beaches, here's a page for Rexhame Beach in Marshfield

UPDATE: Went back to the Cape! Here's a page for Chatham.

And.... here's a Wellfleet page.

My Return to California

Finally went back to California in September 2013, after WAY too long, for a visit with my best college friend. It was wonderful to re-connect with so many friends and all in all, a perfect break! My San Diego page is complete. I've also created pages for Los Angeles, Malibu Beach, Santa Monica, and La Jolla.

Summer Colors

Spent a long weekend in beautiful Martha's Vineyard in July 2012. It is such a truly wonderful place, unique in so many ways. Being there it felt like I was so much farther from home than I really was and it made me truly appreciate my home state and all it has to offer.

Come Sail Away!

In November '11 I went on a fabulous Caribbean Cruise which started in San Juan, Puerto Rico. Ports visited were Barbados, Saint Lucia, Antigua, St. Martin/Sint Maarten, and last but not least, St. Thomas.

It was all about fun 'n sunshine!

The Joy of Travel!

Went to Northern Spain in October 2010. This picture pretty much sums it up!

Some of my pages: Madrid, Leon, Asturias,
Cangas de Onis, Covadonga, Gijon, Llanes, Oviedo, Piloña, Ribadesella, Tazones, Villaciosa, Durango, Elorrio, Comillas, Laredo.

Paris Baby!

I took my first trip to Paris in 1981. It was gorgeous then and now it's simply breathtaking. Here's Paris, during June of 2009.

I also went to Versailles. It was amazing.

An old favorite

I found VT as a result of researching my first solo trip in May 2003, to Amsterdam. That's why I'm keeping this picture on my homepage. That plus the fact that it makes me laugh.

I was taking a canal tour and as one does when one travels alone, I asked someone to take my picture. He was sitting across from me and my intent was that he take the picture from where he was. But noooo. He stood up, he moved back, he moved up, he aimed up he aimed down. He probably thought I wanted his family to be in the picture with me. Maybe he thought the family wanted to be in my picture. The result is what you see here. It looks as if I farted and everybody knew....

• Intro Updated Jan 24, 2015

Nov 30, 2014 at 6:22 PM

thanks for accepted me

• ViajesdelMundo's Profile Photo
    Oct 4, 2014 at 4:07 PM

hope you had a great birthday, Joann; sorry I was unable to send timely greetings, but we are still without electricity from Hurricane ODILE which hit us on 14th Sept; but just got a loaner generator today and found that our internet system still works!!

• S.VTM's Profile Photo
    Sep 28, 2014 at 11:12 PM

Happy Birthday Joann

• SONG's Profile Photo
    Sep 28, 2014 at 12:10 PM

Hey Rascal......Happy Birthday!!!!. Why didn't a zanny gal like you invite me to your birthday party? You and I could have a blast!!! I enjoyed scrolling through your San Diego pages. Another VTer MathIsFun and I are headed to SD in Novenber and staying at the Mission Bay Hyatt, with its beautiful water views. Even though I live in Florida where we do have the beautiful palm trees, I love California and all its various landscapes......love going there as often as I can.. I am looking forward to my upcoming visit. Care to join us??????

• morochaargentina's Profile Photo
    Sep 28, 2014 at 6:56 AM

Happy birthday!!! I hope you had a fantastic day

• omidamini's Profile Photo
    Sep 28, 2014 at 4:56 AM

Happy birthday.

• DAO's Profile Photo
    Sep 27, 2014 at 3:03 PM

Happy Birthday !

• HeshamMA's Profile Photo
    Sep 27, 2014 at 11:45 AM

Joann Happy Birth day , Wish you great year full of happiness and success!

• grayfo's Profile Photo
    Sep 27, 2014 at 11:32 AM

Life is a journey. Enjoy every mile. Happy Birthday Joann

Share your travels with the world!

Join Now!
garridogal's Profile Photo

garridogal

“Tourists don't know where they've been. Travelers don't know where they're going. - Paul Theroux”

Real Name