"Hit the road!" garridogal's Profile

My Return to California

Finally went back to California in September 2013, after WAY too long, for a visit with my best college friend. It was wonderful to re-connect with so many friends and all in all, a perfect break! My San Diego page is complete. I've also created pages for Los Angeles, Malibu Beach, Santa Monica, and La Jolla.

It's Festive Gourd Season!

Had brunch and went apple-picking at Nashoba Valley Winery in Bolton in October 2013. It's a gorgeous spot and a wonderful way to spend a day.

Summer Colors

Spent a long weekend in beautiful Martha's Vineyard in July 2012. It is such a truly wonderful place, unique in so many ways. Being there it felt like I was so much farther from home than I really was and it made me truly appreciate my home state and all it has to offer.

Come Sail Away!

In November '11 I went on a fabulous Caribbean Cruise which started in San Juan, Puerto Rico. Ports visited were Barbados, Saint Lucia, Antigua, St. Martin/Sint Maarten, and last but not least, St. Thomas.

It was all about fun 'n sunshine!

The Joy of Travel!

Went to Northern Spain in October 2010. This picture pretty much sums it up!

Some of my pages: Madrid, Leon, Asturias,
Cangas de Onis, Covadonga, Gijon, Llanes, Oviedo, Piloña, Ribadesella, Tazones, Villaciosa, Durango, Elorrio, Comillas, Laredo.

Paris Baby!

I took my first trip to Paris in 1981. It was gorgeous then and now it's simply breathtaking. Here's Paris, during June of 2009.

I also went to Versailles. It was amazing.

An old favorite

I found VT as a result of researching my first solo trip in May 2003, to Amsterdam. That's why I'm keeping this picture on my homepage. That plus the fact that it makes me laugh.

I was taking a canal tour and as one does when one travels alone, I asked someone to take my picture. He was sitting across from me and my intent was that he take the picture from where he was. But noooo. He stood up, he moved back, he moved up, he aimed up he aimed down. He probably thought I wanted his family to be in the picture with me. Maybe he thought the family wanted to be in my picture. The result is what you see here. It looks as if I farted and everybody knew....

• Intro Updated Apr 13, 2014

• jojes's Profile Photo
    Apr 16, 2014 at 10:24 AM

Congrats on being one of the april spotlight members Joann!

• Nemorino's Profile Photo
    Apr 15, 2014 at 1:33 PM

Joann, congratulations on being featured in the VT Spotlight.

• RoyJava's Profile Photo
    Mar 8, 2014 at 11:40 AM

Thanks for B-day wish, appreciate it, good to hear from you, while ago, ... happy travels my friend... greets RoyJava

• udtaparindaa's Profile Photo
    Mar 6, 2014 at 3:01 AM

Your Spain pages are gonna be a huge help for sure :)

• LadyRVG's Profile Photo
    Jan 7, 2014 at 7:01 AM

Is it cold enough for you chickie? I'm so done with the winter weather...need to move ASAP somewhere warmer!

Mar 6, 2014 at 2:59 AM

You could bedazzle it and then, at least, you'll look fabulous! :)

• LadyRVG's Profile Photo
      Mar 6, 2014 at 5:52 AM

Ooh...my Mother probbably still has her bedazzler in the closet from the 80's...lol.

• DaveRowley's Profile Photo
    Dec 30, 2013 at 5:34 PM

Hi Joann,
    Merry Christmas and Happy New Year & 2014 for Wednesday...hope all is well
    Dave

Jan 15, 2014 at 12:20 PM

Dave, same to you! Hope 2014 is a good one for you and yours.

• HeshamMA's Profile Photo
    Dec 28, 2013 at 6:17 AM

Joann , Happy new year from Sunny Sharm El Sheikh wish you great 2014 full of happiness success and great travels !

• Parisforless's Profile Photo
    Oct 20, 2013 at 1:36 PM

Happy Birthday to you...happy birthday to you...happy birthday to you...never to late...Svetlana

Oct 21, 2013 at 3:45 PM

Thanks Svetlana! True because I just went out for a belated birthday celebration yesterday!

• takla73's Profile Photo
    Oct 4, 2013 at 3:18 AM

I am sorry to be late HAPPY birthday GOD bless always takla

Oct 4, 2013 at 3:31 AM

Thanks Takla. I was lucky enough to be away for my birthday this year!

• Agraichen's Profile Photo
    Oct 3, 2013 at 10:02 AM

ROTFL... I know the feeling about getting your photo taken. I'm normally the one behind the camera and always get asked to take others photos however I do try not to get others in the way just a sense of the location and the subject.

Share your travels with the world!

Join Now!
garridogal's Profile Photo

garridogal

“Tourists don't know where they've been. Travelers don't know where they're going. - Paul Theroux”

Real Name