"Quinault Lake and Forest" Quinault by Dxenion
Quinault Travel Guide: 13 reviews and 20 photos
I spent a few days wandering around this spectacular temperate rainforest primarily looking for ANY signs of the famous Washington State wildlife. There are many short easy tracks in the lower lake area and things like the 'Worlds Tallest Cedar' to go and find. Noted many signs warning of recent sightings of bears, cougars, deer and elk but only ever saw tracks. There are a couple of wheelchair accessable tracks and photo opportunists are spoilt for choice. There's a nice cafe across the road from Quinault Lodge that has a world map on one wall. Go on in and put a pin on your home town.
- Pros:Scenery, friendly helpful locals.
- Cons:The rain if you're not prepared for it.
- In a nutshell:Take walking shoes, camera and lots of film.
I approached a Forest Ranger at Quinault Lake and asked him where I would most likely see a bear - the look he gave me... more travel advice
Be careful even when taking the easier short hikes around the main lodges. The weather changes quick and you can find... more travel advice
Dxenion's Related Pages
Quinault Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "An off the beaten path amazingly wonderful place"
- "Quinault Lake and Forest"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Quinault
- Hotels in Quinault
- Restaurants in Quinault
- Warnings and Dangers in Quinault
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Quinault
- 4 Reviews
- 0 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (15)
Have you been to Quinault?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Quinault
Top 10 Pages
- Penang Intro, 9 reviews, 14 photos, 1 travelogue
- Port Hedland Intro, 7 reviews, 15 photos
- Phuket Intro, 4 reviews, 9 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Hahndorf Intro, 4 reviews, 6 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Butterworth Intro, 3 reviews, 7 photos, 1 travelogue
- Broome 1 review, 5 photos
- Geraldton 1 review, 5 photos
- Thailand 5 reviews
- Canberra 3 reviews, 1 photo
- Adelaide Intro, 4 reviews