"La Ciudad de Aguascalientes" Aguascalientes by rmdw
Aguascalientes Travel Guide: 30 reviews and 105 photos
Aguascalientes is a city of about a million people, located in Central Mexico. It has informally served as a place for Mexico City "refugees" to relocate to - those people who have grown sick & tired of the crime & pollution in Mexico's capital.
My ex-girlfriend and her son are perfect examples of this, leaving Mexico City for Aguascalientes in 1998.
Here's a typical street scene, showing some musicians heading to a gig.
Aguascalientes is famous for the annual San Marcos Fair. It's a huge exhibition that attracts people from all around Mexico. It offers shopping, eating, drinking, bull fights, amusement rides, and much, much more!
In Dec 2004 this little guy entered the home of my ex-girlfriend and her son. I don't know many details about him yet. If you're familiar with the breed, please drop me a line.
- Pros:Safe, inexpensive, many examples of Mexico's colonial past
- Cons:Not lavish & posh like a Mexican seaside resort
- In a nutshell:An interesting place to spend a few days and see the real Mexico!
Drinking tap water in Aguascalientes is not safe. It won't kill you, but it could make you terribly sick. So everyone... more travel advice
These colourful wrist bands come are very popular in Aguascalientes, primarily amongst kids. You can often get them... more travel advice
rmdw's Related Pages
Aguascalientes Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "La Ciudad de Aguascalientes"
- "AGUASCALIENTES - FORMED WITH A KISS"
- "La Feria de San Marcos 2006"
- "A small but booming town....."
- "Viva Aguascalientes juh!"
- "El Museo Nacional de la Muerte"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Aguascalientes
- Nightlife in Aguascalientes
- Restaurants in Aguascalientes
- Shopping in Aguascalientes
- Warnings and Dangers in Aguascalientes
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Aguascalientes
- 19 Reviews
- 52 Photos
- 1 Forum posts
- 6 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (21)
Have you been to Aguascalientes?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Aguascalientes
Photos in AguascalientesSee All Photos (52)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Vancouver Intro, 172 reviews, 287 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Chicago Intro, 80 reviews, 121 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Montreal Intro, 78 reviews, 105 photos, 5 travelogues
- New York City Intro, 38 reviews, 73 photos, 5 travelogues
- Aguascalientes Intro, 19 reviews, 52 photos, 5 travelogues
- Quebec Intro, 17 reviews, 53 photos, 5 travelogues
- Victoria Intro, 15 reviews, 43 photos, 5 travelogues
- Canada Intro, 18 reviews, 20 photos
- Estado de Zacatecas Intro, 9 reviews, 25 photos, 2 travelogues
- San Francisco Intro, 6 reviews, 25 photos, 3 travelogues