"Santa Rosalia - A hidden gem in Baja California!" Santa Rosalía by rmdw
Santa Rosalía Travel Guide: 4 reviews and 4 photos
I was introduced to Santa Rosalia through some work I did for a Canadian mining exploration firm called International Curator. I was flown down to Loreto from Vancouver and then driven up to SR.
It's a wonderful little town with a rich history. You can read more about it here: http://www.baja.com/lugares/info_santarosallia.htm
You'll see that a number of German ships were interned during WW I. What's not explicitly mentioned is what those German sailors did during their time there. The result is quite evident today with some very "non-Mexican" people throughout the population, often will brilliant blue or green eyes!
- In a nutshell:A splendid example of a relatively untouched part of Mexico
There is a small dirt airport near Santa Rosalia but it only serves small private planes. Most people fly into Loreto... more travel advice
rmdw's Related Pages
Santa Rosalía Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Santa Rosalia"
- "Santa Rosalia - A hidden gem in Baja California!"
- "Where is Santa Rosalia, Baja Mexico"
- "Santa Rosalía"
- See All...
- Hotels in Santa Rosalía
- Nightlife in Santa Rosalía
- Restaurants in Santa Rosalía
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Santa Rosalía
- 2 Reviews
- 0 Photos
- 2 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (10)
Have you been to Santa Rosalía?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Santa Rosalía
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Vancouver Intro, 172 reviews, 287 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Chicago Intro, 80 reviews, 121 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Montreal Intro, 78 reviews, 105 photos, 5 travelogues
- New York City Intro, 38 reviews, 73 photos, 5 travelogues
- Aguascalientes Intro, 19 reviews, 52 photos, 5 travelogues
- Quebec Intro, 17 reviews, 53 photos, 5 travelogues
- Victoria Intro, 15 reviews, 43 photos, 5 travelogues
- Canada Intro, 18 reviews, 20 photos
- Estado de Zacatecas Intro, 9 reviews, 25 photos, 2 travelogues
- San Francisco Intro, 6 reviews, 25 photos, 3 travelogues